Stoeger pistols

PDA

gutterman
March 8, 2010, 04:09 PM
I know I'll probably get 100 different answers-but I have the chance to pick up a NIB Stoeger- either 9mm or 40 cal. for the same price. First what is your opinion of the Stoeger pistols(I know I'm basically buying a Beretta, I have a 92FS that I love) and what cal. between the two would be the best choice for all around carry and SD?

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoeger pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Enachos
March 8, 2010, 04:49 PM
I almost picked one up but ended up buying an AR-15. The only draw back to it that I see is the mag capacity of the .40 S&W model. Isn't it like 11 rounds? For a hangun of that size I would expect around 15 rounds but, eh! But for the price on those pistols you really can't go wrong!

svaz
March 8, 2010, 05:39 PM
I love mine. The trigger is a little stiff out of the box, but for the money, you can't beat it. As for the caliber, your choice: bigger bullets are better, or keep commonality w/ your 92FS.

I got the 9mm because it fit my hand just right - the .40 seemed a might too thick, but that may be selective memory - and I wanted to standardize on a single pistol caliber.

jeepguy
March 8, 2010, 05:53 PM
its a good gun i really liked mine. i felt it was a little fat feeling for me to carry, that might just be personal preference. since i also had a 92fs that i loved, i sold it. in hindsight it would have made a good truck gun. if it were me i would go for the 40, if it was for carrry, or if you just want to try something else.

Scrapperz
March 8, 2010, 06:04 PM
I have no problem with my Stoeger Cougar 8040F. I would recommend it.

If you enjoyed reading about "Stoeger pistols" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!