Barnes Varmint Grenade

PDA

portsteel
March 9, 2010, 09:15 AM
I was thinking about reloading some of these bullets for my CVA Optima Elite 1:10 twist 243 and was wondering if any of y'all had any stabilization problems with that twist. I don't want to reload a bunch of bullets I cant shoot accurately. Any tips or powder selections I should know about, I was reading that people were having trouble with the IMR-4350 and this particular bullet. Any info is greatly appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Varmint Grenade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dagger dog
March 9, 2010, 01:41 PM
portsteel,

I can't relate to the .243 but have used the Varmint grenade in .223 REM. and 22Hornet, these bullets in .22 cal were 36 gr and 50 gr they are exceptionally long for their weights the 50 grain won't stabilize in my Hornet slower twist of 1 in 14. You may try
www. stevespages.com he has a ballistic calculation for optimal spin, but you would have to have the bullet length to get it to work.

If you enjoyed reading about "Barnes Varmint Grenade" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!