Anyone with a Glock 30 experiencing...

PDA

BsChoy
March 9, 2010, 10:03 AM
a cut on your strong hand thumb from the slide reciprocating? I have bigger hands and shoot thumbs laying on top of each other. The flesh from my right hand thumb, near the bottom, raises up just enough to get contacted by the lower edge of the cocking serrations and after about 140 rounds yesterday I have a scab in a perfect rectangle form.

This is the 3rd or 4th time I have shot this weapon and it happens every time. I don't have this issued with my duty G22 or the G26 or 19 I have owned in the past

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone with a Glock 30 experiencing..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
1KPerDay
March 9, 2010, 01:58 PM
Nope, but I just swapped my extended slide stop lever back to the stock one because my thumbs kept locking the slide open mid-mag...

If it really bothers you you might have someone smooth out the bottom edge of the serrations for you and refinish.

Or develop a callous... ;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Anyone with a Glock 30 experiencing..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!