Last chance to talk me out of it

PDA

BossHogg
March 9, 2010, 06:31 PM
I'm going to order a Lee Breech lock anniversary kit and lee's reloading manuel for the great price of $95 from Midways tomorrow.

Speak now or never. Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "Last chance to talk me out of it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
rcmodel
March 9, 2010, 06:35 PM
IMO: Unless the Lee manual comes free with the kit?
Order the Lyman #49 reloading manual instead.

Much more useful for a wide variety of bullet types you can actually identify.
Lee is kind of pretty vague in the area.

rc

BossHogg
March 9, 2010, 06:47 PM
I have the Speer # 14. Lee's was only 14.00 on site didn't look for Lyman #49 But will check it out, thanks for info.

fourdollarbill
March 9, 2010, 07:03 PM
Get the Lee kit and a Lyman 49th.

BossHogg
March 9, 2010, 07:07 PM
Kit and Lyman's it is. See how easy it's to talk me out of it,LOL.

paradox998
March 9, 2010, 11:36 PM
Great deal, good press. Buy a bunch of the bushing. You will need 3 or 4 for each caliber you reload.

jfh
March 9, 2010, 11:45 PM
check the price at graf's. Compare the end cost there with the same cost from Midway....

And, for chuckles, do the same with Midsouth....

Jim H.

Arkansas Paul
March 10, 2010, 12:03 AM
Nah, I don't think I'll try and talk you out of it.
Welcome aboard and happy loading.

bds
March 10, 2010, 12:38 AM
It's on sale for $82 til March 31! http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=423081

Includes the Challenger Breech Lock single stage press, 3 Breech Lock die bushings, a Lee Safety Scale, Perfect Powder Measure, powder funnel, lock stud and cutter, a Lee chamfer tool, primer pocket cleaner, a large and small Safety Prime and a tube of sizing lube. :D

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/423081.jpg

jmortimer
March 10, 2010, 12:58 AM
I bought a "pre-Breech Lock" kit and wish it was available when I got mine. Bushings with dies preset to pop in and out - how great is that. Next, if you are like me, you will get a Lee Precision Classic Turret press - I got two kits and love them both but I got a "pre -Classic Turret" kit - so I missed out on both innovations. I would for sure get Modern Reloading by Richard Lee if you are using Lee Precision equipment.

mcdonl
March 10, 2010, 07:08 AM
Wait violet, don't do it... (In my best Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka voice)

Have fun. And... be prepared. I have not been able to bring myself to spend a penny on ANYTHING other then reloading supplies and equipment since I got the bug :)

Quoheleth
March 10, 2010, 08:30 AM
Get the Lee book and the Lyman book. Lee will only set you back another $15.

Q

If you enjoyed reading about "Last chance to talk me out of it" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!