Glock 17 Odd Looking Primer Dimple

PDA

SDShooter
March 9, 2010, 09:05 PM
I'm a new Glock owner. Today I picked up a spent cartridge for the first time and noticed the dimple from the striker looks different than what I'm used to seeing in other guns. There is a rectangular area surrounding the circular dimple where the primer metal is pushed outward and slightly upward. Does this look typical for Glocks? Thanks!

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 17 Odd Looking Primer Dimple" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
atomd
March 9, 2010, 09:06 PM
Yep, that's how they are all gonna look.

David E
March 9, 2010, 09:10 PM
I'm a new Glock owner.

I would've bet this was the case when I read the thread title. :D

This is how Glock indentations look.

SDShooter
March 9, 2010, 11:17 PM
Thanks a lot. I feel better now. :)

Autolycus
March 9, 2010, 11:26 PM
Actually it is defective. I will give you $20 for it and take it off of your hands.:neener:

All in all you will find the Glock is a great gun.

John Wayne
March 9, 2010, 11:29 PM
That's the way the striker is shaped. If you take the slide off, remove the barrel and recoil spring, then depress the firing pin block while pushing the striker forward with your finger, you can see it protrude from the firing pin channel.

REAPER4206969
March 9, 2010, 11:30 PM
Glock uses a spear point firing pin to increase its effectiveness.

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/854043.jpg

shootinxd
March 10, 2010, 12:02 AM
Is this a Federal primer in a reload?My XD is the same way when using fed primers,not as bad as yours.

sonick808
March 10, 2010, 12:15 AM
that;s the standard look :)

Full Metal Jacket
March 10, 2010, 12:49 AM
your glock is broken :what:

kidding, totally normal, my friend :)

SDShooter
March 10, 2010, 09:21 PM
Again thanks for all the responses. The round is a Federal American Eagle factory load 124 gr jacketed. I've only shot about 250 rds so far, but I like it a lot. I bought a box of Speer Gold Dot 124 gr/+P for defensive use.

If you enjoyed reading about "Glock 17 Odd Looking Primer Dimple" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!