Adams Leatherworks..review

PDA

sophijo
March 11, 2010, 10:53 AM
When I first saw a pic of this holster I wondered if it could be as good as it looked. It is.
The maker is Eric Adams of Adamsleatherworks@yahoo.com. Just starting. Check out his website for an extraordinary video of his process.

The holster starts out as a piece of Herman Oaks 8/9oz leather. The attention to detail is amazing and is consistent throughout. Stitching is uniform and tight. Finish shows that same attention; down to the inside radius of the belt slots. Boning is deep and precise. Note the integrated mouth reinforcing/ body guard/ belt loop piece; very nicely done. The holster is stiff and tight as it should be; rides high and tight. This holster raises the bar. Comparable holsters are selling $200+ and you will wait a year for them. You can get this one for $70!! Better hurry.

If you enjoyed reading about "Adams Leatherworks..review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
The Lone Haranguer
March 11, 2010, 06:53 PM
Your links are not working. They are the condensed version and only send me to the Photobucket home page. Please post the full URL as I would like to see his work. :)

sophijo
March 11, 2010, 08:06 PM
I haven't figured out how to do that but here's his website which is probably better anyway. Watch his video. It shows him, start to finish, handbuilding a holster.

http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/

The Lone Haranguer
March 13, 2010, 02:50 PM
http://www.adamsleatherworks.com/files/9812/6681/4000/ThmbGal-001.jpg

That does look nice. :)

Zundfolge
March 13, 2010, 03:34 PM
Very nice looking ... and priced well at $70

downsides are they don't make an IWB and their gun list is rather short.

1911 - 3", 4.25" & 5" barrel
Kahr P9
Ruger Single Six .22
Sig Mosquito
Sig P239

But I bet we'll see good things from Adams down the road. The quality looks top notch.

The Lone Haranguer
March 13, 2010, 07:20 PM
downsides are they don't make an IWB and their gun list is rather short.

Yes, no Glocks or CZs. :( Give him time.

luckyshotbrooks
March 21, 2010, 11:17 PM
I emailed him a couple of days ago about my taurus 809. Unfortunatly he didnt have it on his gun list but he was a very nice guy. He offered to give me some pointers on how to make my own. Im tempted to buy a pistol he can use just so I could get a holster.

deadeyedog270
March 22, 2010, 11:24 AM
wow looks like good work I just found out at my local sportsman show that I got a gal 10 min away that makes gunbelts and holsters, sheaths all I got to do is go up with the gun and knives and she will make a templet for them and make them she dose nice work and at half the price of some online places

If you enjoyed reading about "Adams Leatherworks..review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!