Parents aren't letting me keep my guns in house, where to store and rust problems?

PDA

PILMAN
March 11, 2010, 03:36 PM
Well I've been having some problems, my parents will not let me keep my guns in their home, before it was perfectly fine with them and now they will not let me keep them there at all, particularly my mother. I've been storing them in my trunk (called the sheriffs, they said it was fine) but I don't want to store them in the trunk because it doesn't seem like a good idea if someone were to break into my car and also because of rust. Being unemployed right now is also making it rather difficult but I'm not really sure what else I should do at this point. Would I be able to get a storage locker or somewhere else I can store the rifles? I've also checked the rifles for rust and there doesn't appear to be any, I just coated it down with those remoil wipes.

If you enjoyed reading about "Parents aren't letting me keep my guns in house, where to store and rust problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CoRoMo
March 11, 2010, 03:41 PM
How possible is it to come to some sort of agreement with your mom, regarding bringing them back in the house? Can she be persuaded at all? Will she let them back in, if you take each one apart, as much as possible?

Ask her if she's more comfortable with them, so easily available to petty thieves, in your trunk.

PILMAN
March 11, 2010, 04:02 PM
She won't budge at all, all over the place, when I moved back to Florida I went to pick up my rifles at the police station and she was angry about it, let me store them at our rental house and when we moved back to the other house here, she didn't even want me to have them in my trunk in my car within 500 feet of the house. They complain that I'm driving around with guns in my car but yet won't let me store them here so I am trying to find a storage facility.

MedWheeler
March 11, 2010, 04:07 PM
What are we missing here? How old are you, and what changed her mind? (You did say she previously had no problem with it.)
Why were they at the PD? Did something happen (arrest?) that turned her off to the idea of you having guns around?
It would help to know what her thinking is, and from where it comes.

ny32182
March 11, 2010, 04:23 PM
Sounds like there is more to the story, but if it were me I would leave them with a trusted buddy before I'd leave them long term in a car or other non-climated-controlled facility. Or possibly sell them and buy them back when my situation was more stable.

CoRoMo
March 11, 2010, 04:25 PM
It sounds like her position is that she's more concerned with the guns coming alive and hurting her, than them falling into the hands of a criminal and being used to kill a convenience store clerk a few blocks away.

PILMAN
March 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
I was sent inpatient for 72 hours to a facility back in September, long story. She basically won't even listen to my side of the story and assumes now that I shouldn't have guns at all period. I was living on my own and ended up having to move back when I couldn't afford it anymore due to the economy and jobs being cut. I rather not leave them with anyone because the majority of my friends are military and their deployed right now so it wouldn't be safe storing them in their homes. I was wondering if I can store them at a storage facility though like a locker or something?

ny32182
March 11, 2010, 04:33 PM
Visit the local storage facility and ask for their usage contract; read it thoroughly; if it doesn't specifically prohibit firearms, go for it...

buy guns
March 11, 2010, 04:37 PM
If you have handguns you could probably keep those in a safety deposit box at your bank.

ljnowell
March 11, 2010, 04:42 PM
Maybe you could contact a local gunshop and see if they would charge you a monthly fee to keep them there? Otherwise, its time to move out.

murdoc rose
March 11, 2010, 04:44 PM
This is not the best advise but keeping them in the trunk is not good in anyway. My advise is to put them in the house (hidden). If you sleep on a standard box spring/mattress combo cut a slit in the bottom liner of the box springs and put them in there and staple it back up. Out of site out of mind if they ask just say you've taken care of them.

wishin
March 11, 2010, 04:45 PM
I don't see a legal problem with keeping them unloaded in a storage facility that allows it. Be sure to ask. Not sure that's much safer than your trunk, unless they have security, and probably no better from a humidity point of view. More importantly, you say you're unemployed, so how would you pay for it?

youngda9
March 11, 2010, 05:05 PM
(^^ holy moley wishin...360 posts/month...summer can't come quick enough)

Sounds like it's time to get a job and move out from under mom's apron. (sorry to sound harsh) If you live in her house, it's her rules you have to abide by. Sounds like you lost her trust and can't earn it back quick enough to solve this issue. Best of luck, and keep us posted.

CoRoMo
March 11, 2010, 05:08 PM
No offense, but I'd flip burgers AND deliver pizza to get out of that situation.

But I'd sneak my guns into my room first... ssshhhhh!

oneounceload
March 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
Visit the local storage facility and ask for their usage contract; read it thoroughly; if it doesn't specifically prohibit firearms, go for it...

Except a climate-controlled unit would cost enough that, if he could afford it, he could afford to rent his own place. Storage units in FL get HOT - I kept stuff in one while transitioning from rental to house after I moved here - NOT a place to keep guns from getting rusty

Sav .250
March 11, 2010, 05:11 PM
Sounds like youngda9 is in the ball park. Your in a fix no doubt. Sounds like MOM wears the pants in that family. :)

Cosmoline
March 11, 2010, 05:23 PM
If the storage unit lease does not prohibit arms, then by all means store them in a locked unit. Humidity would be a potential problem but do a search here for some fixes. That would work for a bit, but not for too long.

I actually have a rifle stowed with my parents, for my range and plinking use when I'm down there. I keep it locked in a case and only I have a key, so it's legally an Alaskan rifle in my possession. I'm not sure that would resolve your mom's concerns though. And if you miss payments they will grab up all you have.

Long term, there's always the solution I took to get clear of re-lations:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSt0NEESrUA

Jumping Frog
March 11, 2010, 05:32 PM
Sounds like MOM wears the pants in that family. :)
No it sounds like the Golden Rule.

She who has the gold, rules.
:D

deadin
March 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Maybe it's Mom's way of hinting that you sell the guns and help out a little with the rent/food bills while living under her roof........:p

oneounceload
March 11, 2010, 05:55 PM
Maybe it's Mom's way of hinting that you sell the guns and help out a little with the rent/food bills while living under her roof...

Or, as he said, he was in patient for a while and mom has her doubts -

jmr40
March 11, 2010, 06:03 PM
Pawn them for like $50 total. Come in every month and pay the $5 or so in interest. Don't laugh. A guy here does that 9 months out of the year except during hunting season. Says it is cheaper than a safe and he lives in a rough neighborhood.

KarenTOC
March 11, 2010, 06:04 PM
Sounds like MOM wears the pants in that family.

And that's a problem.... how? :)

Pilman, if you disassembled the handguns, put the the pieces in separate plastic bags (one bag per gun), duct-taped them shut, packed them into under-the-bed plastic storage box(es), duct-taped them shut, and asked your folks if they'd keep them under their bed, would they?

It's a well-known fact that guns can climb out of cupboards and shoot without human assistance. It's less well known that they can't reassemble themselves first. Plus, they're allergic to duct tape, so they won't want to touch it.

disclaimer: the previous paragraph was tongue in cheek and is in no way meant to be taken literally.

PS - if you can't pay your way while at your parents' house, be sure to do lots and lots of other stuf: cook what needs cooking; clean what needs cleaning; paint what needs painting; fix what needs fixing; mow what needs mowing. None of that costs you any money, but proves you're a responsible (even if unemployed) adult. Never, ever, be found sitting around on your butt, and NEVER EVER expect your mother to wait on you.

Oh, and if you have to choose between buying beer & paying range fees for yourself or buying gas and groceries for the household, well... presumably you know the right choice.

Enachos
March 11, 2010, 06:08 PM
This reminds me of my mom when she first found out I had a gun. She didn't care what I had to say, she just didn't want them in the house. But after months of me owning them, she realized I hadn't shot anyone or robbed the local 7/11 and eventually accepted the fact that I was infact responsible enough to own them. So she eventually just said "Eh!" haha I understand the kind of situation you're in... I've been in that type of situation before... unemployed and having to move back in with parents... it happens! Good luck to ya! I only hope she can accept the fact that guns don't just go around shooting people all by themselves.

Fremmer
March 11, 2010, 06:13 PM
Find somewhere to store them, and they ought to be greased up while in storage. Wait a while for things to settle down at home, and maybe sometime in the future she might change her mind, or you might have your own place.

The pawnshop idea sounds good, but you better make sure that you make the interest payments, and that there won't be a denial or some other problem when they do the check to release them to you (if the pawnshops in your State have to do that).

Or a friend's house, or some other place. Check with a shooting range or gun club in your area.

Schofield3
March 11, 2010, 06:15 PM
Maybe you could contact a local gunshop and see if they would charge you a monthly fee to keep them there? Otherwise, its time to move out.

That sounds like a great place to start +1

Schofield3
March 11, 2010, 06:17 PM
How many firearms total are we talkin about anyhow guys?

Bwana John
March 11, 2010, 06:24 PM
Do the right thing and sell all of them but one to help out with rent.

cjl8651
March 11, 2010, 06:35 PM
Dismantle the guns, put each component in a sealed vacuum-packed bag with a dessicant, and put each part into its own separate cooler.

OldMac
March 11, 2010, 07:27 PM
Unless you have a rare collectible that can't be replaced, sell them for a fair price. You might just make a profit and that is the same as a job. Keep one to carry and keep it in the car if you must. However, I would first explain that you are selling them to help out but would like to keep a single handgun, which stays with you all the time.

figment
March 11, 2010, 07:37 PM
banks will not allow liquids or guns in their SD boxes.
--Someone who really has a SD box.

Zumet
March 11, 2010, 07:45 PM
i vote to sell em til you get back on yer foots. you dinna say what the 72 hr stay was for (and you dont have to) but if you love yer parents you can sell em to help out.

Blackbeard
March 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
Do you have a local buddy who has room in his safe?

ATBackPackin
March 11, 2010, 07:52 PM
I mean no disrespect so hear me out. From what you have said it doesn't sound like your mom is against having guns in the house, but rather YOU having access to guns in the house. I understand that your are unemployed and had to move back home and I'm not judging, but how about this. Would your mom be willing IF you were willing to pay for an inexpensive gun cabinet in which they and only THEY had access to guns? May cost a couple hundred dollars up front, but most likely cheaper in the long run and your guns would still be safe at home from theft and rust. Of course though you must be willing to not have access to your guns for now while living under their roof. Just an idea.

Best of luck.

Shawn

NMGonzo
March 11, 2010, 07:59 PM
Put some rice in the gun cases.

Gouranga
March 11, 2010, 08:16 PM
banks will not allow liquids or guns in their SD boxes.

Funny you should mention that. I got a couple of rare weapons (dagger and handgun) from my grandfathers estate. So naturally i thought, hey put them in my SD box. Being a bank, I thought, no way they would allow this but I thought I would ask. I went through 4 weeks of questions and discussions with an ever higher level of management in Wachovia. Eventually I chatted with a person in Charlotte who was VERY high in the corporate management. The best answer I got from this manager who was part of the group responsible for setting policy on SDs..."We do not know if we allow it or not.". He admitted the way their agreement read you could go either way. Was told by the bank manager at my local branch she knew of 2 guys who kept unloaded semi-autos in their SDs. She also told me all I needed to do was bring it in inside a box and nobody would care.

While i would think that they would not be allowed, I found it entertaining even the bank could not tell me.

Back to the OP, unless you got something very valuable and sentimental, sell all but 1 let you parents know your plan. Or, ask them, if you bought a gun safe and gave them the only keys to it, if they would be comfortable with that. I have to say though as the parent of 4, if I felt my child had mental illness and was a danger to themselves (whether that impression was right or wrong), I would not budge on keeping them separated from guns

PILMAN
March 11, 2010, 08:27 PM
It's two rifles and I think shes gone completely anti-gun and was just waiting for an excuse to not allow me to have them. Started off with her not wanting me to have a gun at all (back in 06) and she finally agreed to let me have them after changing her mind over and over, by 09 she started saying we were moving in with her boyfriend and that I couldn't bring my guns with and her boyfriend kept asking if they were illegal and I kept telling him over and over they are not and he would constantly repeat himself, when I was sent inpatient (false report and I wasn't diagnosed anything) in Florida, my guns were confiscated and I was released after 72 hours and parents started getting even more controlling so I moved and left the state.

I got the guns back in January, and they agreed to let me keep them in the rental house for about a month, when we moved back to the other place, they told me I can't keep them in the house and they have to go in the storage facility, then they changed their mind again and said I can't keep them in the storage facility and to get my own or sell them, then they started saying I can't even have them in my car or I can't live there. My moms boyfriend had a gun but I think she made him sell it. She's becoming extremely authoritarian and i've been trying to find a job so I can move out, but in the mean time, I'm trying to allocate funds to store them somewhere other than my trunk. The storage facilities have controlled environment storage for about 55 bucks a month

shiftyer1
March 11, 2010, 09:35 PM
I would put them in a pawnshop for the lowest amount they will let you, it's the cheapest storage you will find next to free. BUT make sure you can pass the background check to get them back

jnyork
March 11, 2010, 10:34 PM
Here, pilman, talk to these guys, might get you out http://www.goarmy.com/contact/find_a_recruiter.jspof the house.

Hatterasguy
March 11, 2010, 10:37 PM
How old are you?

I'll echo the above advice, go talk to the army, or if you want to sleep in a bed the Navy.

It will get you out of the house, and you can do a lot of neat stuff.

My dad served on a nuclear sub and liked it. Good food, good people, and interesting work.

U.S.SFC_RET
March 11, 2010, 10:53 PM
After all of the hell I seen some go through in the Army I think you better leave that advice alone. Don't join the Army for the wrong reasons.

Your mother's boyfriend is the one who is more than likely enfluencing her decisions. Directly or indirectly.
Get some break free and clean those guns. The breakfree will slow down the corrosion.

BullfrogKen
March 11, 2010, 11:06 PM
You don't have a gun storage problem.

You have a relationship problem.

You might see it as your mother never liking guns and arbitrarily enforcing her will on you.

I think your involuntary commitment is the issue. You need to work through that. Have a conversation, and find out what will persuade her you aren't a danger to yourself or someone else. Otherwise this issue will continue to be a problem, even after you move out and find your own place.

And if you need professional help, man up go get it.

danprkr
March 11, 2010, 11:08 PM
Pawn them for like $50 total. Come in every month and pay the $5 or so in interest. Don't laugh. A guy here does that 9 months out of the year except during hunting season. Says it is cheaper than a safe and he lives in a rough neighborhood.

Now that's a darn good idea there. Not that I need it, but that's slick. :cool:

22-rimfire
March 11, 2010, 11:45 PM
The pawn shop idea is about as cheap as it gets if you have to pay. I assume you are old enough to own long guns legally. If not, I have no advice.

After you are grown up, it is tough to move back home. I would do most anything to avoid that circumstance. What are these guns anyway? Something cheap.... get rid of them and buy new ones later.

I had long guns stored at my Dad's for 30 years. Forgot about them completely for a while.

March 12, 2010, 12:24 AM
Your parents' house, their rules.
Your apartment (working;)), your rules.

murdoc rose
March 12, 2010, 01:07 AM
lol can't go wrong with signing up if you can take it

forestdavegump
March 12, 2010, 01:39 AM
Oil up the guns for longterm storage and get the smallest unit you can and maybe a cheap 8 gun safe too? Good luck, to bad your not out here, can't help there. Sounds like you Mom is scared, better work on the relationship or save up some bucks and move.

OldMac
March 12, 2010, 08:18 AM
+1 for Army. They will give you a job and possibly a career. After 25 years you get a free check forever. That still means you have a storage problem though since the Army may seem a lot like your mom for a while. In the short term, sell them.

SSN Vet
March 12, 2010, 10:45 AM
Perhaps your mother is concerned that the "long story" that put you into an institution for 72 hours has not been completely resolved and she is genuinely concerned for your welfare.

I can appreciate why you don't want to sell them, however, because I suspect that you may have a difficult time purchasing firearms in the future, as you would have to check yes to question F on form 4473 "have you ever been committed to a mental institution?"

I've only had one experience with one individual who was held involuntarily for 72 hours of observation, but it certainly was not something that could be done willy nilly, without reason or cause. Rather, there had to be some some pretty serious problems going on.

I'm not knocking' you guy, I'm just saying that you may need to go through a lengthy process in order for the people who love you and want to protect you to feel that you are whole in you body and mind and are not a danger to yourself or others.

The best way to do that is to act responsibly.... The worst thing you can do is to sneak around, rejecting your mother's authority in her own home and hiding "prohibited" items under your bed.

The gun shop idea is the best one I've heard yet...

IMO, the trunk of your car is not secure enough and is not a responsible option.

I hope things work out for you. Hope you can find work and rebuild some bridges with your parents.

Take the high road, and everything should work out.

SSN Vet
March 12, 2010, 11:01 AM
join the army

Could be a good option.... but if you don't have a high school diploma, you may find this door closed.... it's not as easy as it used to be.

or if you want to sleep in a bed the Navy.

We called it a "rack" and it measured 72" x 30" x 22", and the most junior sailors were assigned two men per rack (hence the term "hot racking")

birdshot8's
March 12, 2010, 11:22 AM
SSN, i was in La Madalena, i always got a kick out of seeing sailors sleeping on the torpedo racks next to a mk48 or subrock. god bless fast attacks.

bigalexe
March 12, 2010, 11:36 AM
I was sent inpatient for 72 hours to a facility back in September, long story.

This sir I believe while the most unpleasant part for you is also the most important part. Somewhere on the 4473 it asks if you have ever been committed or recommended to a facility for observation/protection. I am assuming you were committed to the facility for one of these reasons and therefore are no longer a legal firearm owner, for your protection and the protection of the general public.

I believe the best course of action is that you liquidate your collection before it gets liquidated for you by the state when you get a traffic ticket in a county with an overzealous D.A. looking to make a name for himself.

I am all for people owning and shooting firearms but in this case it is not safe and quite possibly illegal for you to own these firearms.

zoom6zoom
March 12, 2010, 11:44 AM
The storage facilities have controlled environment storage for about 55 bucks a month
Hot plate, mini-fridge, chemical toilet.... instant apartment.

Lairvine
March 12, 2010, 12:38 PM
She won't budge at all, all over the place, when I moved back to Florida I went to pick up my rifles at the police station and she was angry about it, let me store them at our rental house and when we moved back to the other house here, she didn't even want me to have them in my trunk in my car within 500 feet of the house. They complain that I'm driving around with guns in my car but yet won't let me store them here so I am trying to find a storage facility.
He said he got them back from LEA. If they let him have them back there should be no legality issues with them.

Schofield3
March 12, 2010, 12:50 PM
Hot plate, mini-fridge, chemical toilet.... instant apartment.

Hahaha

SSN Vet
March 12, 2010, 01:44 PM
i always got a kick out of seeing sailors sleeping on the torpedo racks next to a mk48 or sub rock.

Sometimes we'd put out to sea with so many "riders" (usually technical specialist to augment ships force for a specific mission), that even those ad hoc berths in the torpedo room had two men assigned to each mattress. What a miserable existence they had.

woad_yurt
March 12, 2010, 01:52 PM
If you can isolate the guns from the surrounding humidity (sealed plastic bags,) you can use a desiccant (Sno-Melt from Lowe's.) It sucks the moisture out of the air. Put it in a container that is ventilated but won't let the Sno-Melt come in contact with the guns. Then, put that in with the gun and seal all in plastic w/some duct tape.

fireside44
March 12, 2010, 02:30 PM
Somewhere on the 4473 it asks if you have ever been committed or recommended to a facility for observation/protection.

Actually this is incorrect from my understanding.

The 4473 asks if you "have ever been adjudicated mentally incompetent", in other words, a judge has ruled you are unable to care for yourself. A 72 hour hold isn't considered "adjudication" as far as I know. Correct me if I'm wrong.

gordy
March 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Well as far as holding for 72 hours, there must be a reason for that. Drugs, drinking. Hurting someone else or yourself. Even saying you would hurt someone or your self will get you there. There is more to this all then this guy is telling. They just found no reason to hold him longer then 72 hours.
I went threw this with my daughter and there has to be a reason to get put in lockup. This guy had to do something. And his mother is worried.

PILMAN
March 12, 2010, 06:28 PM
This sir I believe while the most unpleasant part for you is also the most important part. Somewhere on the 4473 it asks if you have ever been committed or recommended to a facility for observation/protection. I am assuming you were committed to the facility for one of these reasons and therefore are no longer a legal firearm owner, for your protection and the protection of the general public.

I believe the best course of action is that you liquidate your collection before it gets liquidated for you by the state when you get a traffic ticket in a county with an overzealous D.A. looking to make a name for himself.

I am all for people owning and shooting firearms but in this case it is not safe and quite possibly illegal for you to own these firearms.

No, it was observation/evaluation, it was not ordered by a judge but by law enforcement. Furthermore, the police department returned the firearms to me. The form asks if you've ever been declared mentally defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution. Psychiatric evaluation does not disqualify someone from owning a firearm, if it did, the police wouldn't have returned my firearms.

PILMAN
March 12, 2010, 06:31 PM
+1 for Army. They will give you a job and possibly a career. After 25 years you get a free check forever. That still means you have a storage problem though since the Army may seem a lot like your mom for a while. In the short term, sell them.

I can't join the Army or any branch of military, inpatient for any reason is a permanent disqualification and there are no waivers at MEPS for any psychological issues even if you were not diagnosed anything.

rickomatic
March 12, 2010, 08:19 PM
Hey Pilman. Haven't talked with you in a long time. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The other guys here have given you some pretty sound advice. I especially like the pawn shop idea. Never having dealt with pawn shops before I wasn't aware that you could make them work as storage facilities.
Let me address a couple things.
Having known you from Paltalk I know you are a smart and respectful young man. Despite your disagreements with your mom, you do know that you do need to respect her wishes, even if they seem unreasonable at this time. Even as a 58 year old man, I do not carry in my parents home because I know they don't approve of it. It is my respect for them that allows me to honor their wishes, even though we disagree materially on the subject of guns. Your being "trapped" in living at home now, however, adds a whole new dynamic to the situation. I would follow some of the advice the guys here have given on temporarily storing your guns away from home, at least for the time being. That way you are keeping them safe and undamaged while honoring your mom's objections.
Then like others have mentioned, get to work on the relationship issues. Coming of age is one of the toughest times when dealing with one's parents. It's that breaking away from their authority and their want or need to keep hold of you that causes a lot of the friction. Do work on it though. It'll be worth it in the long run.
At the same time, best of luck with finding work and getting back to being able to move out on your own. It's tough in this economy, but knowing you the little bit I do, I know you're more than capable.
All 3 of my kids have gone through that process in the past couple years, so I understand the struggle. Hang in there, and don't give up.
Oh..and if you can't find a place to store your guns....send em to me. I'll keep em cleaned oiled, and in good shooting order til you get your own place......LOL. :evil:

ps: anything ever still go on over at Paltalk gun talk wise?

billybobjoe
March 12, 2010, 08:36 PM
Really, you've got your whole life to enjoy guns. Maybe for right now you give it for a bit, when you're 45 years old you can own a hundred guns. My mother doesn't know what to think about my 35 guns. What can she say?

thomis
March 12, 2010, 08:56 PM
It's a well-known fact that guns can climb out of cupboards and shoot without human assistance.

just like spoons jump out of drawers and make people fat.

that statement disturbs me. joking or not

PILMAN,
I believe everyone deserves a second chance. and the law ain't always right. just be careful man, whatever you do. please

HGUNHNTR
March 13, 2010, 12:09 PM
As long as you can legally own the guns I would absolutley store them int he house. Money sounds tight, and paying for storage is rediculous. As long as you are legal and of sound mind I would store them at home. I think this is a better solution than leaving them in an area more accesible to thieves, or in a place you have to shell out extra cash for. These are just pieces of plastic and metal were talking about, not some rabid 200 pound dog you're wanting to bring into her home.

AutumnsDad
March 13, 2010, 12:52 PM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the 72 hour stay. My gun rights were almost taken away once when I was completely innocent. Sometimes being accused is all it takes.

I think selling them and buying them back later is the way to go. Even if you take a hit on the price when you replace them, it could be cheaper than paying for storage that whole time. An added plus is that the money you get from selling them will be worth way more to you now than it will once you are working again. I know what it is like to lose guns, all of mine (except for a piece of crap .25) were stolen when I moved one time. It took a while but I replaced all of them. The only drawback would be if the guns had sentimental value. Some of the ones stolen from me did, first gun etc. I didn't even get any cash for losing them though so you are already in better shape than I was. I understand the reluctance to sell them. I wouldn't sell any of mine unless I had to. But your situation sounds like it's time to sell, in my opinion.

rogertc1
March 13, 2010, 06:43 PM
Respect the house rules you live in or move the hello out. Don't whine. You are over 21 right?

wilkersk
March 13, 2010, 07:44 PM
I hope my kids read this.

My house, my rules. Mom, I don't agree with your stand on guns. But, I do agree with your stand!

If you enjoyed reading about "Parents aren't letting me keep my guns in house, where to store and rust problems?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!