"Magic Pill"

PDA

chagasrod
March 12, 2010, 04:41 PM
I heard somewhere that our troops in Iraq are given some type of "Magic Pill" to be able to withstand all the gear they have to carry + 100 Plus degree weather.

It makes sense to imagine one would collapse wearing all that gear (Shirt,Long Sleeve shirt,bullet resistant vest,gloves etc) not to mention backpacks with more gear + being on the move + 100 Plus degree weather? Damn!

Does anyone know if they are given some type of medication to keep their core temperature cooler?

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about ""Magic Pill"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Owen
March 12, 2010, 04:41 PM
wive's tale.

Mags
March 12, 2010, 04:43 PM
It's called training mixed with peer pressure with alot of yelling and embarrasment along with possible death if you just don't suck it up and hump it.

ChaoSS
March 12, 2010, 05:34 PM
The military has at various times experimented with various drugs to increase the performance of soldiers and other military personnel. I can't say definitively that they aren't doing this right now, they may be, but there certainly isn't some magic pill that they give to all soldiers, at most it would be a select group of soldiers that are being monitored for the experiment.

jhco
March 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
This is one of the reasons I don't come here as often as I once did.

WC145
March 12, 2010, 05:43 PM
My son is a USAF TACP, he got back from Afghanistan in December and he's volunteered to go back again, he leaves in a couple of weeks. There's no "magic pills", just a lot of hard work in the gym, the field, and on the road. He's 21 and tough as nails. The Airman, Soldiers, Marines, and Seamen that are over there doing the job are young, rugged, and well trained, they are a testament to what the human body is capable of when properly conditioned.

earlthegoat2
March 12, 2010, 05:47 PM
There used to be a magic pill.

It was called methamphetamine.

WC145: Good for your son. He is living proof that the Air Force is not the "Chair Force" as so many others like to rib me about. I went a similar route as he did.

Larry Ashcraft
March 12, 2010, 05:58 PM
Sorry, this is not really on topic.

If you enjoyed reading about ""Magic Pill"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!