S&W 60 Square 3" Help me!

PDA

Racinbob
March 17, 2010, 07:02 PM
Hi friends,
I just ran across a S&W 3" square butt, fixed sight in great condition at a pawn shop. After I got home I got the S&W Bible out and all I found was that they only made 171 of this particular version. I didn't get the serial # (stupid me). They were asking $489.00 for it. I don't know what I could buy it for. Did I just pass up a steal?? I didn't have the cash on me my wife even said "Don't pawn shops take plastic?" Keep in mind, NOT full underlug, square butt, fixed sights. This thing was in a pawn ship that has more firearms than I've ever seen in one building. It was in a display case hidden under a counter display but it could be seen if you tried hard enough.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 60 Square 3" Help me!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
content
March 17, 2010, 07:23 PM
Hello friends and neighbors // If it is not full lug it might be a Model 60 Pro Series (adjustable sights though)

Introduced in 2008, high hold walnut grips, .38/.357, 3", night front sights and matte stainless finish.
2010 Standard Catalog of Firearms//NIB$650/exc475/vg375

Prices in book are lower than store/ftf prices here in S.C.

Sounds like a good buy to me// hope you like it//you are going back...right?

Racinbob
March 17, 2010, 07:36 PM
No Content, it's not a Pro series. It's a lot older. I gotta go back and get the serial #. Is the S&W Bible correct in stating that only 171 were made? See page 223 (3rd edition). Geez!!!! I'm such an idiot for not looking closer. Definitely an older model.

Old Fuff
March 17, 2010, 08:28 PM
Smith & Wesson made a lot of square-butt/3" model 36 revolvers, both with a standard and heavy (wide rib) barrel. There were also some small-lot special runs, but without a serial number not much can be said. The number should be stamped on the bottom of the butt, and look for a letter prefix, which might or might not be there.

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W 60 Square 3" Help me!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!