I need a gunshop in Tn to shop at.

PDA

shevrock
March 18, 2010, 08:57 PM
I've been living in Tn for six years now and have yet to find a gun shop I actually like that is well stocked. So i was hoping my fellow,or ex, Tennesseans could direct me to a Shop with decent stock, and employs who know what their talking about (had some problems in Rebel Pawn and Gun about them mis-labeling a gun and them trying to start something for me pointing it out :().

P.S I'm in lawrenceburg TN

If you enjoyed reading about "I need a gunshop in Tn to shop at." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Bubba613
March 18, 2010, 09:53 PM
Best stocked in the Nashville area are Franklin Gun Shop (Franklin) and Gun and Leather (greenbrier). Also I think there is a shop in Columbia, maybe Steve's. Also Winchester, Hero Gear, seems to have a lot of tacticool stuff.

shevrock
March 18, 2010, 11:42 PM
Thank you kindly. I graduate in may and i want to get myself a present. :)

hso
March 18, 2010, 11:59 PM
Nashville or Chattanooga are the closest to you, but Knoxville has a number of shops in the area that are well equipped.

What are you looking for, in general terms?

shevrock
March 19, 2010, 12:09 AM
Mostly I'm looking for anything that 'Fits' so to speak. although i am kinda leaning towards an old military bolt action. Something hardy, you know? Or a nicely priced AR. Although if i find a Garand sub $1000 I'm jumping on it. :)

bullseye308
March 19, 2010, 12:11 AM
Reloader's Bench in Mt Juliet has a nice, small place. Lots of reloading stuff and just about whatever you are looking for. Nice bunch of older guys to yak with. Pull up a stool and you'll feel right at home. (my favorite place)

Franklin gun shop has the largest selection, but they are a little more overpriced that I can accept. Nice folks there though.

Specialty Arms in LaVergne is nice too. Average pricing and usually enough guns in stock. No reloading gear though. :( Sucks cause they are the closest.

Gun City in Nastyville. Big store, lots of open space. High priced guns & ammo, Indoor range you will get splattered with lead on, fairly good gunsmith that is ready for the zombies(sit down and he'll fill you in).

BCCL
March 19, 2010, 12:25 AM
Might be a bit of a drive, but these are good folks.

Athens, TN

https://allamericangunshop.com/Home_Page.html

22-rimfire
March 20, 2010, 03:30 AM
I would suggest you hit some of the gunshows that are held in the Nashville area. They can be fun with a big mix of folks attending and displaying.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need a gunshop in Tn to shop at." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!