Cabelas has sale std 10/22 w/ 3x9 pine ridgescope

PDA

HOWARD J
March 19, 2010, 11:51 PM
$240.00-----does this sound any good ?????????????

If you enjoyed reading about "Cabelas has sale std 10/22 w/ 3x9 pine ridgescope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
benzy2
March 20, 2010, 12:25 AM
Its ok. This may sound harsh but that scope is junk. I worked for Cabela's for a while and nobody who spent any time around the scope department would touch their pine ridge line. The Alaskan Guide line is a good value for the money but the pine ridge line is built as cheap as a scope can be made. Honestly Cabela's has a lot of stuff built to a price point, rather than to a quality point. It used to be the other way around but anymore the name Cabela's mainly means cheap import.

I would personally look for that same rifle without a scope and save whatever the difference may be. I'm not current on what the standard 10/22 costs and if it is real close to $240 anyways that scope will at least get you a bit of range time. Long term though most people will find it mediocre and want to replace it.

So I suggest you look for it without the scope.

Uncle Mike
March 20, 2010, 01:45 AM
+1 benzy...

bogus mcall
March 20, 2010, 10:13 AM
I have a 2x7x32 pineridge on my 11/87 shotgun and am very happy with it.It has been on there for about 5 years and has kept its zero. I have shot probably 600-700 slugs and about 300 3" mag turkey loads through it and it keeps on going.Maybe i just got lucky with this one. But i agree that you usually get what you pay for in scopes. I say buy it and try it out, if its good great. If it not your not going to be out much.

shootr
March 20, 2010, 03:51 PM
I bought that same package a few months back and have been pleasantly surprised with the scope as well as the rifle. The rifle shoots better than I expected and the scope holds its zero so far. For a plinker .22, the scope is fine.

In general, I don't buy cheap scopes and wouldn't buy this one on its own, but as well as it's working, I'll keep it until it breaks. Hope that helps!

If you enjoyed reading about "Cabelas has sale std 10/22 w/ 3x9 pine ridgescope" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!