March 20, 2010, 10:00 AM
I filed my taxes early Feb. and was curious where my federal refund was. I checked their website and found that they had made corrections to my return and I shoud see my refund by next weekend.
To my amazement, my refund is way more than I expected. I knew I had to let the wife know the good news. Here is how it went.
Me: Our refund is going to be larger than we figured.
Her: Yeah, how much?
Me: Well, after I buy that AR I have been looking at, we still will pocket $1000
(you see where this is going??)
Her: I expect the balance to go into our Ireland trip fund.

Easiest permission to buy I have ever had with my wife.:D

If you enjoyed reading about "taxes" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!
Guns and more
March 20, 2010, 10:04 AM
Just remember that money was yours all along. You just loaned it to the gubment interest free all year.

I like the idea of everyone having to write a check on Ap.15 for the total taxes. None taken out. There would be a tax revolt the first year.

But enjoy the AR. And Ireland.

March 20, 2010, 10:14 AM
You have to tell us which AR you have been looking at.

March 20, 2010, 10:19 AM
:eek:If we didn't help buy houses & pay part college tuition for our grandkids--I could have a
lot more than 35/40 weapons...........................:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ain't life a *****.......................................:D

March 20, 2010, 10:28 AM
This is going to come back to bite you big time.

Which AR were you looking at?

March 20, 2010, 10:33 AM
was thinking the DPMS Panther, but I might look a little more. any suggestions?

I know what you mean Guns, the state has decided to hold all refunds till they are flush with cash. That wouldn't work for me if I owed.

Could use it to buy ammo.:evil:

March 31, 2010, 08:41 PM
I bought the DPMS flat top. Mounted a red dot that I had laying around. Going to check it out this weekend.

March 31, 2010, 09:19 PM
On the Federal 1040 if you reported earned income and the amout was less than, I think 95,000 taxable then you got a 250 tax credit for simply working. Same credit if you worked for a govt entity, from Fed to City and were not covered by Social Security in that work, you got a 250 tax credit. I put my 1099 R income on line 7 of the 1040 and got a 250 credit. Later found out 1099 R income goes on a different line. Tax is the same either way. Sent the check back to them because I've been retired since 1996 and haven't earned one cent since then, and, don't want to. Next year if you want the 250 tax credit for working you will have to fill out something called a Schedule M and send it in with you 1040. Don't think too many folks are aware of this.

If you enjoyed reading about "taxes" here in archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join today for the full version!