how rare are the ruger redhawk 5.5" blue .41mags

PDA

todd10
March 20, 2010, 10:32 PM
Read a while back that the blue .41 redhawks are a bit rare. I have one LNIB that has the lettering on the right side of the barrel only in gold. Trying to find if it came like that or what.

If you enjoyed reading about "how rare are the ruger redhawk 5.5" blue .41mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
stu454
March 21, 2010, 12:48 AM
I doubt that the lettering came that way.

Too many people think that filling in the lettering on their guns with red or gold paint is a good idea.

8emem
March 21, 2010, 09:45 AM
I have seen a number of them in shops and auctions over the years. I would not even say that they are scarce, let alone rare. "Discontinued" is the word I would use, like many other commonly seen Ruger models (SP101 9mm, Security Six, Speed Six, Blackhawk Hunters, Redhawk .357, etc). In today's market I don't think a blued .41 would command a premium price over stainless. Might be a different story 25 years from now, but it hasn't been that long since they were discontinued.

todd10
March 22, 2010, 07:49 PM
Just discontinued in 1991!

If you enjoyed reading about "how rare are the ruger redhawk 5.5" blue .41mags" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!