For the airgun homies out there...

PDA

rangerruck
March 20, 2010, 10:40 PM
http://www.crosman.com/blogs/croswords/?p=424
I'm drooling allready!! By the way, Academy is selling the little Crosman Ravens at a close out price of 50 bucks plus tax, down here Houston way. they are small, fast, accurate, and the fps is higher than what is on the box; I'd say by at least 50 fps. it says 650, but like I said, that is way underrated.
Best part is; they come with a Centerpoint 6x32 fixed power scope with illuminated green/red reticles!!!! The freakin scope alone is worth the puchase price, even if you don't use it on this rifle, use it on something else!!!!

I pulled mine out of the box, and for craps and giggles , see how close it was to zero out of the box, with just the sights. I lined them up as best i could, and shot off the top of my car hood, in the parking lot, at a big weed growing in the grass, 25 yards away. Without holding over, first pellet zipped right through the top of the weed!!!! totally psyched, I have not shot it again yet; just doing some maintenance...

Also one more thing; Gamo is now selling a rifle called the bone collector
it comes in 17 and 22 cals, and it has their built in noise dampener integrated into the bbl, and it comes with a 3x9 scope. Best part is; it looks like it shoots very near or at 1000 fps, with a 22 cal pellet, which is awesome!!!
I have seen these on sale for about 249 thus far; anyone seen them cheaper anywhere yet?

If you enjoyed reading about "For the airgun homies out there..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Jubjub
March 21, 2010, 12:33 AM
Nice deal on the Crosman with the scope.

I recently put one of the Center Point 4-16 scopes on my old Diana 45. I was kind of doubtful that an $80 Wal-Mart scope would hold up on a harsh old spring gun like that, but it seems fine after a couple of hundred shots. It's pretty huge and heavy, something like 22 ounces. I got one of the RWS scope mounts from Midway, and it's excellent, holding fine with no slipping.

w_houle
March 21, 2010, 12:39 AM
Neat! It looks like an excuse to upgrade from my Crosman V350 ;)

Okiebate
March 21, 2010, 12:50 AM
I have a crosman storm xt. It is in .177 caliber and says it shoots 1000 fps. Came with a decent centerpoint scope 3x9-40 all for $120 at wally world. Shoots great and hard and has a nice stock on it. Works great on those pesky tree rats too :evil:

jpwilly
March 21, 2010, 02:17 AM
I haven't owned an air gun since I was a kid but the new Nitro piston break barrel may get me roped back in. I heard the are both quiet and powerful plus you don't have to worry about the spring setting if you cock and don't fire it for a while like when your out hunting. Sounds like an awesome combo!

I have two of the 4-16x44mm Mil Dot IR Centerpoint scopes. One on a 30-06 that kicks and one on a tame .308. Both are providing excellent service thus far especially for the $69 price tag!

Jefferson Herb
March 21, 2010, 04:36 AM
Take a look at the pcp's crosman is making.I have the disco and it is good,wish I waited for the repeater the Maurader.

rangerruck
March 21, 2010, 03:25 PM
turns out that Centerpoint is a division of Crosman, so no wonder they put it on their rifles, and then, they must be made to take air rifle recoil, or they wouldn't do such a foolish thing with their own product!

If you enjoyed reading about "For the airgun homies out there..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!