Fs2000

PDA

Bullseye_shooter
March 21, 2010, 12:16 AM
Saw this rifle in an American Riflemen ad and it just looked sexy
Don't want it to be an bad buy, is it an accurate, reliable gun???

If you enjoyed reading about "Fs2000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Zerodefect
March 21, 2010, 12:28 AM
Yes.

Very reliable. Slightly less accurate than an AR, about on par with the Scar,Sig556, etc. Good fast handleing rifle with an eotech or Aimpoint sight on it. Very low swing weight due to it's bullpup desighn. And you can shoot it lefty as well as right handed, like a good combat rifle should allow, because it drops its casings out the front of the rifle.

The early models were, IMO, the best ones to get. They have an extra sear, called the safety sear, that helps keep the rifle from firing out of battery. A nice thing to have in a plastic gun that has the round chmbered exactly under your nose or closer.

Unfortunately the AR crowd pointed out that an extra sear is a bit of a no-no for reasons I won't go into. Even though batfe ok'd it's desihn, FN being the wussies they are, pulled the safety sear from the new rifles, just like they refuse to supply perfectly legal SS190 for ps90 users.

WoofersInc
March 21, 2010, 02:39 AM
I just bought one of them. Have not had time to go to the range with it yet. Right now I am really impressed with the way that the thing comes up to the shoulder and the balance of it. It should make for a very fast handling gun. Just got my mount and put my Aimpoint on it yesterday.

As far as accuracy, from what I have read, it is somewhat limited by the trigger. Since it is a bullpup, the trigger is never going to be as good as one in an AR, but it does break fairly clean. The barrel is 17.4 inches long and has a 1:7 twist so it will handle some of the heavier weight loads well.

cleardiddion
March 21, 2010, 02:47 AM
I've shot one but I have to admit it's not the gun for me.
I'm admitedly a big fan of wood and blue but usually I don't find too much wrong with plastics.
The problem I found with the FS2k wasn't accuracy and all that but the feel. It felt like hugging a rubbermaid container and the trigger just kinda felt...I dunno, crunchy.

I guess not a bad rifle overall but not for me.

If you enjoyed reading about "Fs2000" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!