I'm at a complete loss here.. zombies, really?

PDA

LRS_Ranger
March 21, 2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.outbreakomega.com/

Has anybody been? Is it a serious event? I don't even know what to make of it.. is is a bad or good thing (as far as PR is concerned)? Is it a bunch of serious shooters or a crowd of zombie killing video game nuts that shoot too? Opinions, thoughts etc, my mind is still reeling..

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm at a complete loss here.. zombies, really?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kingpin008
March 21, 2010, 10:56 AM
Has anybody been?

No, but I want to go!

Is it a serious event?

Yup.

Is is a bad or good thing (as far as PR is concerned)?

Why would it be a bad thing? Nobody's being irresponsible with firearms - just shooters having fun.

Is it a bunch of serious shooters or a crowd of zombie killing video game nuts that shoot too?

Yes to both, I'd imagine. The two are not mutually exclusive, you know.

Opinions, thoughts etc, my mind is still reeling..

It's a simple shooting event. Shooting sports are supposed to be fun, remember? Not everyone is into boring ol' 3-Gun, IPSC, etc. :neener:

c919
March 21, 2010, 11:00 AM
Yeah I think it sounds like a blast. I personally would love to go. It's something different than paper punching.

LRS_Ranger
March 21, 2010, 11:13 AM
Yea, I just finished reading the stages and the rules, and it DOES sound like some fun.. Sounds different. I bet a bunch of people might get the wrong idea looking at it though.. Even I thought what the hell when I first saw it. ;)

kingpin008
March 21, 2010, 11:37 AM
Some people will get the wrong idea no matter what we do. For some, it might as well be a sport. We as shooters can't be bothered with idiots like that.

As long as everyone is being safe and responsible with firearms, who cares what the game looks like, ya know?

hso
March 21, 2010, 11:54 AM
Just a zombie apocalypse themed shooting event. It's just intended to make it a little more interesting than a simple 3 gun match and it might draw more people to the sport.

Some won't like the idea (Too frivolous!) and some will love it (Kewel, Zombies!).

MachIVshooter
March 21, 2010, 12:45 PM
That sounds like a blast. I'd definitely partake if it were closer.

TexasRifleman
March 21, 2010, 12:49 PM
Is it a bunch of serious shooters or a crowd of zombie killing video game nuts that shoot too?

It's a bit of political correctness really, this whole zombie thing.

Many of us talk about self defense shootings but the reality is that we are talking about shooting other human beings.

That's not something that is really fun to discuss, yet if you believe in self defense it is, at the end of the day, something very real.

So, by choosing a fictional thing that resembles humans we can speak of shooting these theoretical things instead of speaking of shooting actual people.

Some people have taken political correctness way too far. I have seen many anti gun groups try to label IPSC shooters as "racist" because the brown cardboard side is the "shoot" and the white cardboard side is the "no shoot".

That's just ridiculous. So, we can speak of shooting "zombies" and avoid the political aspect of things.

It's a way to have a "bad guy" that no one can take offense to since they are not real.

NinjaFeint
March 21, 2010, 01:21 PM

Many of us talk about self defense shootings but the reality is that we are talking about shooting other human beings.

That's not something that is really fun to discuss, yet if you believe in self defense it is, at the end of the day, something very real.

So, by choosing a fictional thing that resembles humans we can speak of shooting these theoretical things instead of speaking of shooting actual people.

Some people have taken political correctness way too far. I have seen many anti gun groups try to label IPSC shooters as "racist" because the brown cardboard side is the "shoot" and the white cardboard side is the "no shoot".

That's just ridiculous. So, we can speak of shooting "zombies" and avoid the political aspect of things.

It's a way to have a "bad guy" that no one can take offense to since they are not real.
or some people just thinking a zombie themed shooting event is fun

cleardiddion
March 21, 2010, 01:32 PM
Looks totally sweet.
I'd go if I could.

TexasRifleman
March 21, 2010, 01:34 PM
or some people just thinking a zombie themed shooting event is fun

Sure it's fun, but the origin of the "zombies" in shooting was political correctness.

NinjaFeint
March 21, 2010, 02:20 PM
Sure it's fun, but the origin of the "zombies" in shooting was political correctness.
The origin doesn't necessarily define why people are participating at this particular event.

rocky branch
March 21, 2010, 02:23 PM
The zombie menace cannot be trivialised.
It's open season on the undead.

paintballdude902
March 21, 2010, 02:24 PM
awesome i want to go

hammerklavier
March 21, 2010, 02:36 PM
Wow, a zombie thread that actually has a basis in reality (sort of).

jakeiscrazy
March 21, 2010, 02:47 PM
NO RAPID FIRE! One round per second maximum!

It's in the their rules. No rapid shooting zombies! That really kills it for me.

Stradawhovious
March 21, 2010, 02:52 PM
I went last year, and was SERIOUSLY disappointed. luckily it's a short drive for me. The stages were very crowded, and not scored. the rifle stages consisted of several paper targets from 50 to 100 yards, which were not changed between shooters, nor could you inspect targets after your stage. There was one rifle stage with steel gongs, but i didn't see the need to sit in line for 2+hours to shoot it. the pistol stages were sad at best. IDPA style setup which were also unscored, and untimed. The ROs were harboring a "Good ole' Boys Network" approach as to who they allow to shoot, making the other folks wait while their friends shot stages two and somethimes three times before moving the line. The only decent part of the entire event was the shotgun stages (lots of reactive steel to shoot), the vendors and the people watching (many people were dressed in tacticool garb and zombie killing attire), the freebies and the drawings. They did give away quite a few firearms and cans of "Tactical bacon". Other than that, it was long lines, all the while being swept by muzzle after muzzle by idiots who would be hard pressed to know which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.

My opinion, not worth it. The total lack of firearms safety with many of the folks attending, and the poorly planned downright boring stages will be enough to keep me away this year. Just imagine, 2,000 people walking around shoulder to shoulder, each with more than one firearm strapped to their body, or hanging from a one point sling, or simply being carried, and pointed at anyone in front or behind as they meandered from stage to stage. Now add the fact that many if not most of these people have had minimal training...... I'm amazed there hasn't been an incident there yet.

The good news is that it seems that this year they have split the event into two days. If in addition to this they employ more ROs to keep the unbelievable safety violations to a minimum, start scoring stages, and maintain better order throughout the day it might be worth returning. The idea is a great one, I simply think it grew too big, too fast and DMPS wasn't prepared, or didn't know how to handle it.

I'm sorry for the lenght of this rant.

Officers'Wife
March 21, 2010, 02:55 PM

Consider this, many are getting excited over killing those things that are already dead! The ultimate in bloodthirsty!

ChefKristian
March 21, 2010, 02:57 PM
It seems like a poorly planned good idea.

charliehustle10
March 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
It just looks unsafe....While it seems like a big waste of time and money to me, to each his own, hope you enjoy yourself if you go....

Zundfolge
March 21, 2010, 03:27 PM
So its going to be bad PR for the shooting sports for a bunch of guys to shoot at Zombie targets at a 3-Gun match, but its NOT bad PR for a bunch of fat old guys with beards to dress up like Hopalong Cassidy and play out their boyhood "cattle russlin' and injun killin' fantasies" at a SASS (http://www.sassnet.com/) shoot?

For the record I don't think either type of competition has any negative effect on the shooting sports and some of y'all need to lighten up.

Frankly I think the "bluebloods" shooting trap with 5 figure Italian shotguns and the completely humorless chaps shooting bullseye and freepistol with .22s do less to grow the shooting sports than SASS and IDPA/IPSC have done in the last few years (nothing wrong with Trap of Bullseye either ... that's the great thing about the shooting sports, there's a sport for every shooter and a shooter for every sport).

Owen
March 21, 2010, 03:50 PM
charliehustle, what's unsafe about it?

Ben86
March 21, 2010, 04:04 PM
That looks sorta fun.

TexasRifleman
March 21, 2010, 04:42 PM
The origin doesn't necessarily define why people are participating at this particular event.

OP asked if it was serious or not and he specifically asked about the PR angle.

The PR angle is that zombies are an acceptable humanoid shape to shoot at without upsetting very many people.

That it's fun is a big side benefit. And yes, it's a serious match with a fun back story. Sounds like a win win.

Ruggles
March 21, 2010, 05:20 PM
Looks like a fine time, not much different than SASS in some ways.

Special_K
March 21, 2010, 05:26 PM
I'm a student at Saint Cloud State University in Saint Cloud Minnesota. I can say that the Del-Ton gun range is anything but fun. The cost is outrageous for a student such as myself to go shoot for a couple hours (15$) and then the no rapid fire rule keeps me from doing any defensive style practice with my revolver or my 9mm CZ. They are "Fuds" or so it seems like to me. Which is really silly seeing as DPMS is probably 200 feet from the range itself. I had thought about going to the Zombie shoot last year but thinking about the restrictive rules and price kept me from doing it. It sounds like I didn't miss much.

zxcvbob
March 21, 2010, 05:28 PM
The PR angle is that zombies are an acceptable humanoid shape to shoot at without upsetting very many people.
You've obviously never heard of the Zombie AntiDefamation League (zadl.org)

==(8-0

Stradawhovious
March 21, 2010, 05:32 PM
"And yes, it's a serious match with a fun back story. Sounds like a win win. "

It's anything but a serious match. The paper Zombie targets are not changed until riddled with holes from several shooters making it impossible to see your hits, stages are not timed or scored, and there are no rankings or standings of any kind. The only thing that even slightly resembles a "serious match" was the fact that they used shot timers to alert you when to start shooting. They wouldn't let you see the times, nor were they recorded or used for anything. It's a PR move from DPMS that could be SO much more if they put their mind to it. I hope tihs year is different, but by the expected attendance, I'm not sure how it could be.

Fremmer
March 21, 2010, 06:06 PM
As I've been telling you people for years, you'll understand why proper zombie firearms training is so vital when the impending zombie invasion occurs. My sources indicate that the zombies are infiltrating high levels of our municipal and county offices to help when the uprising time comes. They will attack emergency response teams and take out communication resources at a local level. The more zombie-specific training you have, the better.

Oh sure, snicker if you want; but you'll remember this Thread some day when you watch a teeming mass of zombie fury decending onto your property.....

:eek:

hso
March 21, 2010, 09:47 PM
I don't agree that the reason zombies are the focus of a shoot like this one is political correctness. It probably has much more to do with the zombie fandom that has grown out of zombie movies and zombie based games. While those might be argued as having their basis in political correctness I'd be skeptical of that as well.

It's disappointing to hear the actual event is poorly run and that there's no attempt to make it a competitive event. More of a zombie themed gun playground than a match. What a great opportunity squandered and a real threat to the shooting community if safety is as lax as recounted.

Ky Larry
March 21, 2010, 10:38 PM
In a way, it sort of reminds me of sporting clays shooting. Seems like a way to bring some fun into out sport. If safety is observed, what's the harm? I've spent many Sunday afternoons at the dump shooting rats. Zombies and rats don't have very good public images so who cares if they get blown away?:)

DC3-CVN-72
March 21, 2010, 10:59 PM
I'm with Fremmer on this one ! :)

sargas23
March 22, 2010, 10:01 AM
Zundfolge,

I shoot with a lot of those "bluebloods" and "humorless" bullseye, free pistol, and skeet/trap shooters and I think you are completely wrong. Every one of them is deeply committed to teaching and sharing their sport with others and stressing that you don't need to go out and buy an expensive gun in order to enjoy yourself at the range. SASS and IDPA/IPSC interest has grown over the last few years and I think that's great, but they are not the sole reason for an increased interest in shooting.

The best way to move the shooting sports forward is to get more people to shoot. Bring a new shooter to the range and teach them safety rules, etc. That's the way to further our sport, not sniping at someone who enjoys a different type of shooting from your choice.

Justin
March 22, 2010, 11:02 AM
Sounds like it'd be a good concept if it was run by folks as serious as those who run Superstition Mountain, Rocky Mountain 3Gun, the FN Midwest 3Gun match, or any of the other national-level matches.

No times? No scoring? Then what's the point?

Also, Zund, when did you start going to Bullseye matches?

Ben86
March 22, 2010, 11:08 AM
No times? No scoring? Then what's the point?

Just fun I suppose.

All it takes is the right virus and we could indeed have a zombie problem on our hands. Bummbumbum...

Justin
March 22, 2010, 11:32 AM
I don't agree that the reason zombies are the focus of a shoot like this one is political correctness. It probably has much more to do with the zombie fandom that has grown out of zombie movies and zombie based games. While those might be argued as having their basis in political correctness I'd be skeptical of that as well.

I've never gotten the feeling that the zombie thing was primarily an issue of political correctness.

The only 3Gun match I've shot that had a zombie theme was a local match around Halloween of last year, and the guy who runs it did it specifically as a Halloween thing.

Owen
March 22, 2010, 11:36 AM
SpecialK, i've belonged to ranges that have no rapid fire rules. they are generally relaxed for certain purposes, and it looks like that happens for this event.

some of the you tube videos had folks running stages with an M249 for instance, and everyone was shooting much faster the 1/sec. There were also plenty of timers in evidence, so im not sure that there is no scoring either.

bigalexe
March 22, 2010, 12:05 PM
On the subject of the OP: A zombie shoot sounds like a cool idea, it's just a themed competition anyway where you get to shoot themed targets with a little backstory on the stages. Really to me it seems like a modernized Cowboy Action Sports with the inspiration being pop-culture as opposed to historical accuracy, it sounds just as fun.

On the subject of Rapid-Fire Rules:

I frequent 2 local gun clubs with ranges. The one of which I am a member has a pretty much open-range policy for members and the only real rules are "Do it safely, Don't Upset the neighbors, Don't shoot after posted hours or Dusk: Whichever comes first." Now the other club I shoot at I have only been to with certified RSO's on-site (I am not a member) and they do have a rapid fire rule, however as a result I only go there when I need to do sight-in and scope-zeroing type stuff.

However there is another aspect worth mentioning. The club I am a member of has concrete/welded steel benches (no im not kidding its welded angle-irons with concrete poured in them) and no pavilion or any other improvements to speak of besides a concrete pad the benches are bolted to. The other club has a full pavilion, clearly marked ranges and a lot more concrete which means much less mud. So there are some creature comfort trade-offs.

Cosmoline
March 22, 2010, 12:18 PM
I get the sense this is just getting started. It could end up being like CAS with different style targets and post-apocalyptic firearms.

Stradawhovious
March 22, 2010, 12:43 PM
"some of the you tube videos had folks running stages with an M249 for instance, and everyone was shooting much faster the 1/sec. There were also plenty of timers in evidence, so im not sure that there is no scoring either."

I shot rapid fire and didn't get kicked out and so did everyone else. I'm pretty sure that rule is overlooked for that day. They were having demos with full autos throughout the day.

As far as the timers are concerned....... Trust me. They are only there for the beep. There was no scoring, or recorded times last year.

browningguy
March 22, 2010, 02:10 PM
It looks like fun to me.

Vicious-Peanut
March 22, 2010, 02:30 PM
Sounds like a good time. :)

hso
March 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
The first 3-gun I helped set up had a zombie stage. You had to make them all head shots AND there were some "fleeing citizens" silhouettes in the stage you had to not hit as well as a couple of "victim" silhouettes that had been caught by the zombie targets. It started in the cab of a truck with pistol and ended in the bed of the truck with long guns. :evil:

We giggled as we set it up and people guffawed seeing it for the first time.

We also had a "rescue the bride" scenario where my wife donated her wedding veil for the dummy in the dress.

We should never hesitate to try to make things fun for each other and new shooters, as long as we take safety seriously.

Equestrian
March 22, 2010, 11:06 PM
sounds like it could have the potential to be good fun id love to do something like this

Sam1911
March 23, 2010, 06:54 AM
sounds like it could have the potential to be good fun id love to do something like this

Just make sure you make it a real competition with incentives to shoot well. If I'd signed up for the Omega thing, paid my money, paid for travel & accomodations, and then found out on match day that they aren't scoring, aren't timing, and I can't even check my targets, I'd have been FURIOUS! (Hopefully the shooters who do attend are warned ahead of time that this is how it would be.)

If I showed up at such a thing and discovered it was all just a hose-fest, I'd probably save my ammo and go home.

What a strange concept.

ultradoc
March 23, 2010, 07:32 AM
Not sure I get the whole zombie thing. Now the terrorist thing I get!!

yehork
March 23, 2010, 11:12 AM
There are a ton of folks who had a great time at the last 2 Outbreak:Omegas. One thing a lot of people forget is that it's not technically a competition and isn't billed as one. It's a Fun Shoot designed to give the average Joe an opportunity to come out to a large event, mingle with like minded gun enthusiasts, take out some zombies and win some pretty sweet prizes for their efforts. All in a loosely 3 gun style format.

Nothing is based on how you shoot. Someone could be the absolute best shooter in the entire country and come away with a t-shirt and a shot glass while the gal who just took the price tag off of her first gun ends up winning a $1900 rifle. This was done intentionally to entice new shooters to come out to get a taste of what's available in 3 gun competitions. The hope is that they'll have a good enough time shooting and talking to other more experienced shooters to get involved at local competitions/ranges. That in turn grows the sport and brings in new competitors who just maybe knock the top 10 guys (who always win everything, every time) off their pedestals.

That being said, we did have some issues at the last shoot that we think have been addressed. We're adding new steel targets for the rifle bays that will give you a report on whether you're hitting the zombie brainbox. We've also added more stages and an extra day to try to cut down on the wait times.

As for the Rapid Fire Rule (one round per second max), as long as shooters are safely and accurately engaging targets, it's pretty much a non issue. Double tapping zombie heads in the pistol and rifle bays is absolutely fine. Nobody is going to stand behind a shooter counting "one mississippi, two mississippi", but if someone were to launch a round over a berm while bump firing an AR or trying to go "super tactical rapid fire", they'd be going home early. The rule is in place for safety's sake because the majority of shooters simply cannot engage a target (especially at any significant range) any faster than about 1 round per second safely and accurately.

Keauxbi
March 23, 2010, 11:29 AM
Sounds like a poorly planned good idea.

To me, target practice is fun and all, but the chance to shoot at a Zombie target or otherwise (I'm a geek so don't get me started on potential targets) just adds a level of interest. If a simple silhouette target cost $2 per sheet I'd pay double for zombie, cylon or storm trooper (Nazi or Imperial Fleet). If it were really about politically correctness then the shoot side would be a simple circle target and the no shoot side would be a rainbow.

My sources indicate that the zombies are infiltrating high levels of our municipal and county offices to help when the uprising time comes.
This would explain Nancy Reid and Henry Pelosi.

THE DARK KNIGHT
March 23, 2010, 11:45 AM
Looks awesome, I'd love to go!

How is it any more stupid than people dressing up in cowboy costumes and callin themselves "Big Tex the Outlaw" at a SASS event?

SwordRapier
March 23, 2010, 11:57 AM
It's LARP'ing with a rifle. Sounds like fun.

-v-
March 23, 2010, 12:14 PM
It's LARP'ing with a rifle. Sounds like fun.
Ding! Ding! Ding! We got a winner.

That said, as long as its safe, looks like an enjoyable fun shoot.

LoneCoon
March 23, 2010, 12:40 PM
If you're prepared for zombies, you're prepared for anything.

Just a tip from the fine fellows at the Zombiesquad.org forums.

-v-
March 23, 2010, 03:01 PM

One-Time
March 23, 2010, 03:21 PM
I think people are too serious, why not have some fun zombie themed or not.

Carl N. Brown
March 23, 2010, 03:32 PM
Those slow lumbering George Romero (Night of the Living Dead/Dawn of the Dead/Day of the Dead) zombies are not a challenge, sorry.

Now the quick moving zombies of Return of the Living Dead and those "rage virus" zombies of The 28th Day would be a challenge worth meeting.

But no rum zombies until the guns are cleaned and put away, please.

benEzra
March 23, 2010, 05:02 PM
If it were really about politically correctness then the shoot side would be a simple circle target and the no shoot side would be a rainbow.
That's not far from what IPSC has to do in some countries. Here is a target setup from an Australian IPSC match:

http://www.ipsc.org.au/targets.gif
http://www.ipsc.org.au/

Note that the targets look like road signs, rather than being the normal humanoid shape.

Owen
March 23, 2010, 05:17 PM
actually the paper targets in the pic ARE the IPSC targets. the traditional target with a head is pretty much US only, AFAIK.

benEzra
March 23, 2010, 07:08 PM
actually the paper targets in the pic ARE the IPSC targets. the traditional target with a head is pretty much US only, AFAIK.
The original IPSC targets were humanoid. IPSC was founded in the United States in 1976 at the Columbia Conference, and one of the principal movers was Jeff Cooper, who was its first president.

http://www.ipsc.org/cconf.htm

The octagonal "amoeba" target probably started in Europe and spread, but was a later development:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_150_25/ai_67886023/

IPSC Targets: With the advent of IPSC, two versions were sanctioned: the Item target, which featured a 6"x18" rectangular A-zone and 3" wide "arms," and the Option target, which continued the familiar circular A-zone theme. The first prefabricated examples appeared around this time, a development welcomed by those tasked with match logistics.

Next came the Milpark target, named for the South African suburb where it was adopted during the 1981 IPSC World Championships, another circular A-zone variant which bears a striking resemblance to today's IDPA silhouette.

Then came the Florida 8, so named for its central 8" circle, followed by the latest IPSC target-- originally called the Brussels target. The IPSC target returns to an Item-esque 6" wide rectangular box in the center of the chest for the maximum scoring area.

Competitive "practical" shooting will likely witness a further slide down the slippery slope of sanitization first seen with another member of this family tree, the Bianchi Cup's R2-D2 target. IPSC recently approved the Classic target, a headless, distended cardboard octagon-- dubbed the Amoeba by our editor-in-chief-- as an alternative for regions that frown on firing at humanoids with heads.
That article was written in 2001, so I imagine the amoeba dates from the '90s.

Here are the two original IPSC targets, FWIW:

http://img333.imageshack.us/img333/2831/ipscbook00810138lk.png
http://jerrythegeek.blogspot.com/2005/09/original-ipsc-target.html

dav
March 23, 2010, 09:06 PM
I get the sense this is just getting started. It could end up being like CAS with different style targets and post-apocalyptic firearms.Oh great! I have to buy all "new" pre-1900 guns to shoot Cowboy Action, and now I have to buy a whole new set of guns with nothing designed before the year 2000?

How come fun costs so much? :p

WinchesterAA
March 23, 2010, 09:23 PM
TARGET RICH ENVIRONMENT!

Get some good reloading skills on a course like that.

Acera
March 24, 2010, 11:11 AM
Well this poor guy could have used some Zombie practice..................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9HqoI6gnyw

Boba Fett
March 24, 2010, 11:37 AM
This seems like the sort of thing that attracts Mall Ninjas.

I mean, just check out the guy in their video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R5WEI4t9Qg&feature=player_embedded) at time 1:44 http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/ninja.gif

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/anim_rofl2.gif

SwordRapier
March 24, 2010, 01:26 PM
So, Everyone who likes swords is a mall ninja? In that case I have to confess I own more than one sword.

Am I a mall ninja? :eek:

I don't claim to be an "operator." Heck I don't even claim to be a good shot.

I don't even own a AR, or AK. I haven't caught the dreaded evil black gun disease.

LOL

Stradawhovious
March 24, 2010, 01:32 PM
That guy was certainly a hit for his outfit........ I will say that he certainly embraced the theme and spirit of the event adn seemed to be having a hell of a lot of fun.........

And yes, Mall Ninja is the first thing that came to mind whe I saw him too. Here is a pic I took of him so you can see the full ninja glory. He ended up winning something for that outfit too.... I can't remember if it was a gift certificate or a rifle or what, but it wasn't peanuts, that's for sure.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/stradawhovious/013-2.jpg (http://s224.photobucket.com/albums/dd155/stradawhovious/?action=view&current=013-2.jpg)

Fremmer
March 24, 2010, 01:38 PM
Geeze, that guy's even got a back up sword! :D

First zombie rule: be prepared!

Boba Fett
March 24, 2010, 01:44 PM
So, Everyone who likes swords is a mall ninja? In that case I have to confess I own more than one sword.

Am I a mall ninja? :eek:

I don't claim to be an "operator." Heck I don't even claim to be a good shot.

I don't even own a AR, or AK. I haven't caught the dreaded evil black gun disease.

LOL
I wasn't saying that people with swords were Mall Ninjas. I was saying that this is the sort of event that attracts them. And I was using the guy in the video running around with two swords strapped to his back as an example.

Are you a mall ninja? I don't know. Do you go shooting with two swords strapped to your back like the guy in the video I posted? Same guy as in the images below:

http://www.outbreakomega.com/images/2009-pics/ridler1-large.jpg
http://www.outbreakomega.com/images/2009-pics/ridler3-large.jpg
http://www.outbreakomega.com/images/2009-pics/ridler4-large.jpg

The images from the site do not look like this is an event that promotes safety and as I said, looks like it draws a very Mall Ninja-ish crowd.

Notice the guy in the middle with the Hellboy toy hand
http://www.outbreakomega.com/images/2009-pics/wigant1-large.jpg

SwordRapier
March 24, 2010, 02:34 PM
Mr. Fett,

I am not truly offended by your remarks about swords. I'm just messing around.

I'm not a mall ninja, I'm more of a geek. I write computer and role playing games. I play computer and role playing games. In fact I am such a geek that I even suit up and go sword (fake) fighting in the local park.

This event is too far away and I don't own a "Black rifle", so I won't be in attendance.

I think our swordsman looks kinda cool for the setting. I'd dress that way if someone would give me a gift certificate for a rifle. I'd look ridiculous, but sometime ridiculous is fun especially if I get a rifle out of it.

Driftertank
March 24, 2010, 02:45 PM
So I was looking through the stage descriptions, and in the one called "Air drop from heaven" it says something about a case of ACR's, the ammo limit says unlimited, and it's brought to you by Bushmaster...

Does this mean one of the "Stages" will be a demo shoot of ACR's ?!?!

noob_shooter
March 24, 2010, 07:56 PM
looks like fun...the guy with the swords is actually pretty cool looking...

If you enjoyed reading about "I'm at a complete loss here.. zombies, really?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!