Diamondback DB380 Review

PDA

tiger1873
March 22, 2010, 04:02 PM
I just brought a Diamondback db380. It is actually the nickel slide version (I think they just started doing the nickel).

I know a lot people are looking at this gun and thought I would post an honest review of them.

I like a lot people like the way this gun feels in my hand. When I was looking at all the 380's mouseguns only 2 really stood out from the rest. The Karh p380 and of course the Diamondback. Since the Diamondback was cheaper I thought I would give it a try. I got the nickel version which is about $50 more so I paid $390 for it.

I was able to shoot it this weekend. Only got about 20 rounds thought it but it still is a good start will update this as I get more rounds though it. I did have an issue on the first round but that my fault.

The gun was flawless. I wasn't really trying to aim much but it seems to be right on target. I hit the target from 25 yards so not bad for a new gun.

The trigger is actually not bad. I wouldn't say it's great like a 1911 or even buttery smooth like a kahr. I will have to shoot a lot more to say if I like it or not. I hated the kahr trigger until I got a couple hundred rounds though it and now I actually like it better then most guns.

The issue I had on the first round is you have to make sure you pull the slide back far enough. The springs are tight and there isn't a locking mechanism on the gun. Thought I made a huge mistake when I pulled the trigger and it didn't go bang. I didn't chamber a round so I can not blame the gun. I have a feeling this can happen pretty easy on this gun.

The gun is very comfortable to shoot. Much better then the lcp I shot. Didn't feel much recoil at all.

So far I have to say this might be the best 380 on the market. In the world of 380's this gun seems to be a contender and Diamondback could be on to something.

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback DB380 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
tiger1873
March 22, 2010, 04:04 PM
sorry I just noticed I put this in the revolver thread will re-post in the in autoloader thread

If you enjoyed reading about "Diamondback DB380 Review" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!