Cross country drive

PDA

Win1892
March 22, 2010, 07:35 PM
I am driving a U-Haul from Florida to San Diego at the end of April and would like to carry a handgun with me. I am a CCW holder in Florida but have reservations about having a handgun in California. I am flying from Ca back to Fl and having flown with firearms numerous times before, I understand the rules involving declaration, hard cases, and ammo.

My concern is California. Any comments?

If you enjoyed reading about "Cross country drive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
willymc
March 22, 2010, 09:17 PM
I don't know about the other states, but before you cross the border into CA. unload your gun and lock it up in the back of the Uhaul..

TheWarhammer
March 22, 2010, 11:14 PM
Check out the "Pack 'n' Go CCW Trip Planner (http://apps.carryconcealed.net/packngo/)" on www.carryconcealed.com. It's a good place to start figuring out where you can and can't acrry on your trip.

Leafy Cronmer
March 23, 2010, 06:01 AM
A second to Willymc, unload the weapon and store the ammunition in a different container other than the one your gun is in.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cross country drive" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!