Shooting class

PDA

KevinR
March 22, 2010, 07:23 PM
What does a person need in order to have a shooting training school/class? I mean if I were going to take people to the range and train them on shooting their new firearms, what kind of licenses would I need?

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting class" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
M2 Carbine
March 22, 2010, 07:34 PM
Probably the first thing you need is good insurance coverage.
With our sue crazy society, if the slightest things happens, someone will be trying to sue you.

Years ago I used to let almost anyone shoot on my range but now days I can only take the chance of allowing just a few trusted people on my property.

Some ladies I taught to shoot want me to start a beginners course just for females. I'd like to do it but it's just too much potential trouble.

Sad, but that's the way it is now.

Justin
March 22, 2010, 09:40 PM
You will need at least a certification as an NRA instructor, and any range you teach at will likely require you to have an insurance policy.

hso
March 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Need?

I'm not sure that you're required to have anything depending upon what state you're in.

I agree that any range will want you to have liability coverage and that it will extend it's protection to them.

hso
March 22, 2010, 10:00 PM
Need?

I'm not sure that you're required to have anything depending upon what state you're in.

I agree that any range will want you to have liability coverage and that it will extend it's protection to them.

If you enjoyed reading about "Shooting class" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!