Can't Get FAB Defense/Mako Handguard on Vz.58/CZ858

PDA

stevehgraham
March 22, 2010, 09:17 PM
I have a Vz.58 folder from Czech-Point. I'm trying to put a FAB Defense handguard on it. I managed to remove the weird wood and plastic furniture, but the new handguard is too long to fit between the lower handguard loop and the receiver.

It would fit fine if it were magically transported into place, but you have to mount the front end and then swing the back end up, and it's obstructed by the receiver.

HELP!

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't Get FAB Defense/Mako Handguard on Vz.58/CZ858" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
armoredman
March 22, 2010, 10:02 PM
You have to tap it in. PITA, but it will never move again. :) Is it this one?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b13/armoredman/range%20trip/vz58withIsraeliSling.jpg

stevehgraham
March 29, 2010, 11:11 AM
That's it. Dan at Czech-Point told me to beat it into place, so I did. It works better if you Dremel out the excess material FAB should not have put on the piece.

If you enjoyed reading about "Can't Get FAB Defense/Mako Handguard on Vz.58/CZ858" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!