Tell me about this browning

PDA

mshootnit
March 22, 2010, 09:55 PM
The gun show had a browning bolt rifle in 257 rob. It was very nice priced at 995. It was not an a-bolt or xbolt. It had a fluted kind of fat bolt and a very nice wood stock. Anyone know about these?;)

If you enjoyed reading about "Tell me about this browning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ditch-Tiger
March 22, 2010, 10:11 PM
Sounds like the predecessor to the above mentioned rifles...the BBR or Browning bolt rifle.
I don't think these guns (if that's what it is) are terribly special, so unless it's in great shape and has decent optics, I'd pass on it for almost a grand.

If i am incorrect, somebody who knows more will be along shortly...

mshootnit
March 23, 2010, 07:55 PM
thanks, that is more than what I knew before!:D

forshoes
March 23, 2010, 09:27 PM
The short action, of which the .257 is based on, is an uncommon version. They were only made 1 year before the A-bolt was introduced.
I have a 7mm magnum as well as a .243 version. They are both quite accurate and great rifles.
According to the Blue Book the short action carries a premium over the long action model.

mshootnit
March 23, 2010, 09:51 PM
This one appeared NIB, and definitely caught my eye. Must have been from the early 90s?

If you enjoyed reading about "Tell me about this browning" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!