Proud father with son NAA "Earl"

PDA

Pancho
March 23, 2010, 11:36 AM
I hope the attachment works. After seeing the Earl on this forum I wasted no time adopting one for my Ruger Old Army.http://thehighroad.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=118242&stc=1&d=1269354755

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud father with son NAA "Earl"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
MCgunner
March 23, 2010, 12:23 PM
Damn, that thing's BIG for an NAA mini. :D No pocket gun, there. How's she shoot?

Pancho
March 23, 2010, 12:42 PM
I haven't shot it much yet,the weather here has been bad. I did shoot a couple of cylinders of bird shot through it at some squirrels that were mugging my bird feeder. Obviously I couldn't pattern the rounds and didn't expect to kill anything. Imagine my surprise when I killed one at twenty feet (shooting from my bathroom window) Later that day I killed another so it wasn't a fluke. Tomorrow will be a squirrel stew day.

BCRider
March 23, 2010, 01:56 PM
Nice family portrait!

I think I've said it all in my thread about my own The Earl. The only thing I'll add is that my barrel shaved a lot of lead for the first few rounds. Likely just part of cleaning off the sharp edge of the rifling or something. Just be sure to use a bore brush or lead solvent the first couple of cleanings to be sure to get the leading out.

Somewhere along the way I want to make up a new extended wood grip. Just long enough to get another finger into play without ruining the looks too badly.

BHP FAN
March 23, 2010, 04:55 PM
That's purdy.

Pancho
March 23, 2010, 05:56 PM
Thanks for the leading advice. If you do get around to making a set of grips for your's and feel like making another set let me know I'd be interested.

BCRider
March 23, 2010, 08:06 PM
If I make one I'll likely make a half dozen since I know they'd sell.

It may be a while. I'm fresh out of round toits and the local store isn't expecting a shipment in for a while yet.... :D

If you enjoyed reading about "Proud father with son NAA "Earl"" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!