I received some old guns

PDA

jnocker
March 23, 2010, 01:04 PM
from my aunt. My late uncle was a hunter, but the guns haven't seen the light of day for 20yrs.

My favorite is a Win Mo.94 in 30WCF, Ser.No.13437XX. It has a little rust on the side plate and I was wondering what I should use to neutralize the rust without marring the patina?

My 2nd favorite is a Win Mo.70 in 30.06, Ser.No.2128XX. It has an old Weaver K6-C3 scope on Stith mounts. Does anyone know if Weaver would re-condition the scope? It is a little cloudy around the outer edge of the eyepiece glass.

Thanks,
Jay

If you enjoyed reading about "I received some old guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
birdshot8's
March 23, 2010, 02:22 PM
jnocker, your uncle had good taste in guns. you must be the favorite nephew. i am not sure what weaver can do. they may just want to warranty with a new scope. leopuld did that to me when i asked them to fix an m-7. I bet there is someone on here that can or knows someone who could rework your scope. good luck.

bhk
March 23, 2010, 03:30 PM
Nice guns. The present Weaver scope company is not the same outfit that made your scope. I believe the company folded years ago and the name has been resurected by others and now imports their good scopes from oversees. The original Weaver company was in El Paso, Texas. For repairs, you can contact:

Weaver Scope Repair Svc.

.(915) 593-1005

1121 Larry Mahan Dr Ste B
El Paso, TX 79925 31.7675 -106.3669

jnocker
March 23, 2010, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the info, however the number for Weaver Repair is disconnected.
While looking for a new number for Weaver Repair, I found Iron Sight Inc, out of Tulsa, OK.The price sounds OK, but 6 months wait doesn't. Iron Sight bought up the El Paso inventory when it went out of business.

I guess I'll put the scope back in the box (yes I have orig box!) for now and re-scope it.

19-3Ben
March 23, 2010, 05:26 PM
I guess I'll put the scope back in the box (yes I have orig box!)
:what::what::what:

Depending on the age of the scope, that's a HUGE find!

Cosmoline
March 23, 2010, 05:33 PM
My favorite is a Win Mo.94 in 30WCF, Ser.No.13437XX. It has a little rust on the side plate and I was wondering what I should use to neutralize the rust without marring the patina?

M-pro, CLP, clean rags, and elbow grease work best for me.

jnocker
March 23, 2010, 07:56 PM
Depending on the age of the scope, that's a HUGE find!

The Weaver literature inside the box shows "Form 113 1/69" at the bottom, so I assUme that means 1969.

MMCSRET
March 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
The Weaver Scope Repair service is no longer in business. Google "Iromsight Inc." in Tulsa OK. They are the goto place now. Good people and good service for USA built Weaver scopes.

zoom6zoom
March 24, 2010, 08:30 AM
Thread violation.... braggin' on your guns without posting pics!

jnocker
March 24, 2010, 11:28 AM
My Apologies for omission and quality of the pics ;)

http://i42.tinypic.com/1zcd4z8.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/vh7y4g.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2qkihdg.jpg

Warhawk83
March 24, 2010, 11:34 AM
Very nice. Apparently I have never been anyone's favorite nephew.:(

I would like to see a range report on that model 94. :p

Officers'Wife
March 24, 2010, 11:49 AM
Hi Jnocker,

Very nice, your uncle thought enough of you to believe you would use these weapons to the best interest of your family and society. Higher praise of character is very hard to find. Remember that he hasn't just given you steel, brass and wood but the accumulated hours he spent using these weapons in honorable tasks. In a way, he has given you part of his life. You have been truly blessed.

Selena

If you enjoyed reading about "I received some old guns" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!