rack grade carbine malf?

PDA

car15bill
March 23, 2010, 07:29 PM
I took my rack grade inland out to the club this weekend to put my first hundred rounds through it. I zeroed it, and it functioned well with the first magazine, but it had misfeeds with 2 others that i also bought from the cmp.

I had 3 total failures, my gf had the bolt ride over the base of the cartridge on the left side of the magazine twice, and once I shot, and it ejected the case yet did not feed another into the chamber. It didnt jam, just had nothing in there.

I was shooting Federal American Eagle ammo, and the gun was fairly wet(lubed) while shooting it. I kept an eye on the mags, 2 failed and one worked.

Is my mag catch worn out, or would it just be old mags with weak springs?

I know people tend to say my mags are assembled wrong, but i had to degrease them and made sure that the spring leg was pushing up on the rear of the follower.

If you enjoyed reading about "rack grade carbine malf?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
If you enjoyed reading about "rack grade carbine malf?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!