AR project...


PDA






Ditch-Tiger
March 24, 2010, 12:47 AM
Last week i ordered a stripped flat-top upper receiver so i could swap out uppers with my A1 uppered AR. (don't get me wrong, i've always liked the retro look, but i just thought it was time to upgrade the functionality)
It arrived yesterday and as soon as i got home from work today i got started!
This rifle has always been my "beater" AR that gets abused, left out of the safe, pulled outside when the weathers bad, accidentally slammed it in a car door once, etc. and i felt it about time to make it a little more comfortable with optics.
It's not 100% done yet, i plan on replacing the A1 furniture with a coyote brown A2 style buttstock and forend and then adding a matching brown Magpul MOE grip.
I will also be picking up the Burris 1-piece base and remounting the Nikon scope if it will clear the front sight tower. Hopefully everything will retain zero so i can swap from sights/EOTech for range fun and back to the scope for coyotes.
Here's some pics...
Definitely more functional in my opinion now. :)

If you enjoyed reading about "AR project..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
cottonmouth
March 24, 2010, 08:21 AM
That looks good just like it is! I wouldn't change anything.

J.B.

If you enjoyed reading about "AR project..." here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!