What is wrong with my Mk12???

PDA

browningpotato
March 24, 2010, 07:06 AM
I finally got around to building a Mk12 mod1 clone. The gun was assembled at ADCO with an 18in WOA barrel, VLTOR upper, and RRA lower with two stage trigger (with leopold MK4 scope).

I took it out for the first time yesterday and I must say I was thoroughly disappointed. The first 15 rounds were just 55gr Remington's, which were all over the place, but I figured it wouldent like eating the lighter bullets so I moved up to the 75gr BTHP's (this was all off a bench btw).

After switching to Black Hills 75gr. BTHP's the groups did get somewhat tighter, going from roughly 4MOA to roughly 1.5-2 MOA. I did not even bother to measure the exact MOA because I was so thoroughly disgusted I did not care to know EXACTLY how horrible it was shooting.

I built this gun with the intentions of AT LEAST sub MOA, hoping for about .5 MOA. ANyone have any suggestions of what might have gone wrong? Could I have jsut gotten a bad barrel? Anyone else have this problem? Where do I go from here?

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is wrong with my Mk12???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Casefull
March 24, 2010, 12:36 PM
Probably mismatched parts somewhere...bolt head to barrel area. I know how disgusting it is when you have expectations of accuracy that does not happen. Good scope mounts that are tight. Lots of problems in this area.

taliv
March 24, 2010, 12:40 PM
i definitely know the feeling. those are high quality components, but sometimes they just don't work out. i'd call adco

E304life
March 24, 2010, 01:37 PM
Dude that sucks, i'd be very frustrated. I have been eyeing ADCO's mk12 because their price seems reasonable. I love the SPR style rifle. This is a bump in hope that you get some answers. Definitely call ADCO.

If you enjoyed reading about "What is wrong with my Mk12???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!