Remington Rebates

PDA

jack271828
March 25, 2010, 12:17 PM
About a year and a half ago I bought a Remington 700 which came with a rebate. Shortly after bringing the rifle home I sent in the rebate information. It's been a year and a half now, and no rebate check. I called Remington and they told me they received my information, but after the expiration date. I know I sent it out before the expiration date! Has anybody else had any problems with Remington rebates?

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Rebates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Dokkalfar
March 26, 2010, 02:02 AM
Nope. I bought a 770 maybe 2 years ago, with I think a $50 rebate? Also another $10 in rebates for some ammo too, and they came in after a while, I don't remember how long it took though. Was a while ago.

dakotasin
March 26, 2010, 07:52 AM
i have not had problems with remington rebates.

Hunterdad
March 26, 2010, 08:10 AM
I had the same thing happen to me with some ammo. I sent the rebate in looooong before the expiration and they said they recieved it after.

pikid89
March 26, 2010, 08:40 AM
most of mine got denied because i sent copies of my receipts...it was past the deadline when they notified me so i was SOL

05FLHT
March 26, 2010, 09:04 AM
I sent in a rebate for an 870 I picked up new. The 870 was new, but did not have a box or manual. I called Remington and asked what I should send in, in lieu of the proof of purchase. They advised I should send in a copy of the 4473 with the completed paperwork.

I have been burned by rebates before, and it is my belief that companies that offer them anticipate to pay out very little on them. Due to this, I made copies of everything I was sending in, including the addressed envelope with postage attached.

I called several times over the next 2-3 months to follow upon the status of the rebate. The first time, after about a month, I was told they had no record of my rebate being submitted and questioned if I had addressed it correctly. I pulled out my paperwork and advised I had a copy of the addressed envelope. After I verified the address was correct, I was asked if I had made sure to include postage! :what:
After I explained I did, and had a photo copy of the envelope, the customer service rep was able to find my information. :scrutiny: I was then told it was being processed and should be sent out in the next 4-6 weeks.

4-6 weeks later I called back to again follow up. This time, I was told that I did not include the proof of purchase required for the rebate to be processed. :scrutiny: I explained how I purchased the 870 without a box or manual, that I had called prior to submitting the rebate and was told to include a copy of the 4473. I pulled out my paperwork, explained I had a copy of what was included and that they should have it. After this, they were again able to locate my information. :scrutiny: I was told she was forwarding my information to the department that processed the payment, and that it would be sent out in the next 4-6 weeks.

4-6 weeks later I called back to follow up. This time they found my information, noted they had all the required information and said they would be forwarding my information to the department that processed the payments. :scrutiny: When I explained that I was told this on my last call, on such and such date, at such and such time and that this was my third call on the matter, the customer service rep told me she was issuing payment and that the check was being mailed out that day. :scrutiny: I received the check within a week.

If I would not have documented what I did, how I did it and when I did it, I do not think I would have received the rebate. I have come to realize that rebates are only offered to sweeten the pot and hope you buy the product. They are a sales gimmick that the company hopes you will never collect on. Please note, I am not bashing Remington. I have been through this same experience with batteries, paint and tools.

jonboynumba1
March 26, 2010, 09:24 AM
I had to go 3 rounds with Remington to get mine on my model 5 a couple years ago...it was a farse...at one point the person in charge said...well now it comes on a postal card and doesn't look like a check so you may have thrown it out? I said great....that's a good idea....make em look like junk mail so your customers throw them out without cashing them and then make it a major PITA to get somebody to make good on the offer you spent tens of thousands of dollars advertising in every magazine for several months....I'm sure you won't piss any customers off to the point they don't buy any of your guns anymore (well...not new anyway...I do have a new tactical magnum w/ knoxx I just got but it was not new!)

yeah they truly suck...and it's by design obviously

jobu07
March 26, 2010, 09:56 AM
About two or three years ago I sent one in for a new 870. I recall it took some time to get the rebate check but it did finally come. Probably two months time anyway.

FROGO207
March 26, 2010, 10:29 AM
I wonder if it works any better with all the recalled 17HMR autoloaders that were recalled and promised a rebate for???:scrutiny: Don'tya just love big business and their gimmicks used.:banghead:

frankge
March 26, 2010, 11:29 AM
I've had no problems with 2 870's some ammo and an 887. Remember that it is not actually remington that processes the rebate, its usually a vendor that specializes in that. SO if something breaks down it s PIA to fix.

If you enjoyed reading about "Remington Rebates" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!