quick XD45 question...angled ejection area?

PDA

jonboynumba1
March 25, 2010, 07:04 PM
looking at a used XD45 4" and thinking I might need it to go with my XD9's the ejection port area by the extractor is not angled like my older and newer XD9's are in that area...is this how all the XD45's are or is this an older one or something? Just curious why they didn't angle it like Glock does and they do on the other cailbers...so if you have one handy can yah tell me if yours is like that? and do you ever get bonked in the top of the head with the occassional round of brass like the old non angled GLOCK's used to do? Just curious...I'm halfway talked into taking it home...I don't have me a .45 right now and I seem to have a ton or reloading stuff and a holster that also fits it...hhhmmmm...can almost smell the Unique and lead a burnin! :fire: :)

just don't want to get stuck with some kinda odd older version if that even exists.

If you enjoyed reading about "quick XD45 question...angled ejection area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Ala Dan
March 25, 2010, 09:32 PM
Hello-

I own an older* Springfield Armory 4" .45 ACP XD (S/N = US600xxx),
and the ejection port is not angled at all. This has been a non issue
with this firearm; as it functions flawlessly. Nor, have I been dinged
in the head by flying (ejected) brass~! :scrutiny: ;) :D

*FootNote: purchased in December of 2005.

BK
March 25, 2010, 09:35 PM
Ditto. No problems ever with my XD.

jonboynumba1
March 26, 2010, 10:09 AM
...it's a US602XXX so I guess it's likely a 2005/2006 early model as well...thanks that was helpful...I think I'm taking it home (at least for the weekend) which means it probably isn't coming back! -LOL :)

If you enjoyed reading about "quick XD45 question...angled ejection area?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!