Browning B78 falling block ?

PDA

oldfool
March 26, 2010, 11:57 AM
so what's the deal on new manufacture ?
they have had 'em up on their website for a while now, but w/ thin descriptions, and apparently not selling any yet ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning B78 falling block ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
natman
March 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
Most manufacturers come out with a new list of merchandise around this time every year. It will include everything they plan to come out with during the next year, including things that won't see the light of day until October or November.

MMCSRET
March 26, 2010, 12:55 PM
I hope they follow thru with the new ones. I really liked the originals except for the factory trigger, maybe they can do better with the trigger this time.

Jim Watson
March 26, 2010, 12:57 PM
The B78 was Browning's first effort at bringing out a "modernized" Highwall maybe 30 years ago. They upgraded it a bit and reintroduced it as the 1885.

Looks like they are just resuming the use of the B78 model designation as a sales technique. Actions are probably the same as recent 1885s.

Maverick223
March 26, 2010, 01:04 PM
No experience with the B78, but I love my Browning 1885. Spectacular rifle. I just wish they would follow Ruger's lead and offer more obscure chamberings. IMO it is a better looking, better handling, and better shooting rifle than the No. 1 (or No. 3).

:)

cottonmouth
March 26, 2010, 03:18 PM
I have an 1885 in 7 mag and two B78's in 45-70. They are all GREAT rifles but the one B78 I have with a scope is a deer killing machine! Shoots groups well under an inch at 100 yards with my souped-up handloads. I'd hope they make the new ones as good or better.

J.B.

If you enjoyed reading about "Browning B78 falling block ?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!