.357 MAG, 187 grain Lead Hard Cast, Enforcer charge

PDA

jmalys
March 27, 2010, 07:14 PM
Ok so the subject gives the components I am using, with Fed SPM primers.

I have been having some difficulty finding enforcer powder loads. I loaded some of those heavy hard cast lead bullets up with 13 grains of enforcer. (It is slightly slower burning than #9, so that is sort of what I am going off of.)

The gun is a Ruger GP 100 4.3" barrel

So is this load hot, normal, light? What do you think the MV would be?

On a second note, for 125 grain XTP's, for max velocity, would you use enforcer or unique powder?

I would love to test it out this weekend, but won't have the time. Thanks for the replies!

Hang Loose

If you enjoyed reading about ".357 MAG, 187 grain Lead Hard Cast, Enforcer charge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Walkalong
March 27, 2010, 07:55 PM
Enforcer for max velocity with 125's. Can't help much with the other.

Quoheleth
March 27, 2010, 08:11 PM
Does the manufacturer give no data? Give 'em a call and see what they say on Monday.

Q

bluetopper
March 27, 2010, 09:31 PM
Take this as you may, but I have read that Enforcer is the same powder as AA4100.
I have three containers of it and on the containers of AA4100 it states if you can't find data to add 3% more powder to AA#9 data.

jmalys
March 27, 2010, 11:11 PM
Yes Parasite, I agree with you. Of the limited enforcer data I have found, it does seem that you may use a tad bit more (3% or so) than #9.

My Lee reloading book says #9 max load is 12.6 grains with 180 grain hard cast lead. Besides, if I go a tad over 35000 psi I don't think the GP 100 will care in the least bit.

If you enjoyed reading about ".357 MAG, 187 grain Lead Hard Cast, Enforcer charge" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!