Precision Bullets vs Black Bullet Intl. Bullets

PDA

Sapper771
March 27, 2010, 10:09 PM
Anyone used both ? Which one do you prefer and why ?

If you enjoyed reading about "Precision Bullets vs Black Bullet Intl. Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
CatsEye
March 27, 2010, 11:31 PM
I use both and don't really know that I prefer either over the other. Both have served me well. The BBIs are a little cheaper but I would recommend them both.

rfwobbly
March 27, 2010, 11:53 PM
I've used and liked the PB offerings. I was going to try the BBI, but all their bullets (at least in 9mm) had lube rings. This seemed very strange to me since it was obvious I wasn't going to be needing any grease. I thought the lands might contribute to gas cutting, and so I never ordered any.

Sapper771
March 28, 2010, 05:40 PM
From reading the websites and the FAQs, the Precision Bullets are swaged and the Black bullets are cast. Still new to using lead, I did a little research and found that swaged bullets are of a softer lead, while cast is harder. Not really sure about which would benefit me better. From what I read, I am pushing past the velocity threshold for swaged bullets (850-900fps), where cast bullets can be pushed past 1500 fps safely.

Currently, I am using Precision bullets in 230gr 45acp. My main load is 230gr PB LRNFP, 4.5gr Red Dot, COAL: 1.185" , 850fps. I run this load in my Glock 21 and SA TRP. The only issue that I ran into was the bullet's wider ogive forced me to seat the bullet to 1.185" so I could use it in my LWD Glock barrel. This load is dirty, but it works great. I haven't benched it at 25 yet because I mostly shoot close range drills (7-10 yards).

I am thinking about ordering some of the BBI 230gr bullets to try out. I don't know if they will prove better than the Precision Bullets though. I have used the BBI 115gr LRN and developed a nice load for my Hi Power.

Anyone else out there that can help the noob ?

ljnowell
March 28, 2010, 06:09 PM
From reading the websites and the FAQs, the Precision Bullets are swaged and the Black bullets are cast. Still new to using lead, I did a little research and found that swaged bullets are of a softer lead, while cast is harder. Not really sure about which would benefit me better. From what I read, I am pushing past the velocity threshold for swaged bullets (850-900fps), where cast bullets can be pushed past 1500 fps safely.
Some cast bullets can be pushed that hard. The hardness of the allow plays a big role in this.

Walkalong
March 28, 2010, 07:16 PM
I have shot the Precision bullets in .40 & .45, and they shot quite well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Precision Bullets vs Black Bullet Intl. Bullets" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!