Picture of a proper LSWC seated

PDA

chagasrod
March 28, 2010, 02:22 AM
Could someone post a picture of a proper LSWC Seated so i can see?

I Know i have to respect the maximum COL otherwise they won't fit in the chamber but how low can i go?

Sorry with all the questions but i'm a newbie!!!

If you enjoyed reading about "Picture of a proper LSWC seated" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
bds
March 28, 2010, 02:25 AM
I am guessing you are inquiring about 200gr 45ACP?

chagasrod
March 28, 2010, 02:37 AM
Yes Sir!

918v
March 28, 2010, 02:38 AM
You can't go off what you see in a picture. You have to seat them so, first, they fit in the mag, and, second, so that a little bit of the bullet shank portrudes past the case mouth so the bullet can center itself in the chamber throat. Typically, that entails an OAL od 1.250", however some bullet brands have shorter noses than others and are seated to 1.225" OAL or thereabouts.

918v
March 28, 2010, 02:39 AM
It should look like this, but may vary depending on bullet brand:

http://royalammunition.com/ammu_45/B-200-grains_.45%20AUTOMATIC.jpg

chagasrod
March 28, 2010, 02:41 AM
I Seated a couple to 1.260 and they look okay and fit in the chamber.
i'm guessing i'm okay.

chagasrod
March 28, 2010, 02:43 AM
Mine Looks just like that 918V. Thank you so much!!!

918v
March 28, 2010, 02:47 AM
Yeah, you should be OK.

loadedround
March 28, 2010, 09:57 AM
918V: Nice load, but I would like to see just a "kiss" more taper crimp on your case to insure the case mouth does not hang up on the feeding ramp or chamber mouth. I have two Colt Gold Cups and a very slight crimp is necesssary for 100% functioning. Please don't have someone tell me about headspacing on the case mouth. I'm fully aware of that and have been reloading for over 40 years.

The Bushmaster
March 28, 2010, 11:48 AM
loadedround...The .45 ACP headspaces on the case mouth...Be careful not to crimp it too much...:evil:

I just couldn't resist...:neener:

918v
March 28, 2010, 01:39 PM
918V: Nice load, but I would like to see just a "kiss" more taper crimp on your case to insure the case mouth does not hang up on the feeding ramp or chamber mouth. I have two Colt Gold Cups and a very slight crimp is necesssary for 100% functioning. Please don't have someone tell me about headspacing on the case mouth. I'm fully aware of that and have been reloading for over 40 years.
Not my round, just a pic I found that illustrates what I meant in my post. I think the round in the picture does not have any case tension on the bullet at all and was prolly made by inserting a bullet into a fired case and then crimped in place.

If you enjoyed reading about "Picture of a proper LSWC seated" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!