44 Blazers For Pug???

PDA

sw282
March 28, 2010, 01:47 PM
Will a Charter 44spcl Pug Handle Blazer 44spcl HPs ??

thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "44 Blazers For Pug???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Drail
March 28, 2010, 01:50 PM
Yes. I have done this since the Gold Dot load was introduced. The 200 gr. Gold Dot bullet is a very good match for a Bulldog. Be sue to wear eye and ear protection. Those little suckers are LOUD! The thing to bear in mind with a Charter gun is to carry it a lot and shoot it just enough to be able to hit with. Long extended range sessions will wear them out. Think of it like a fire extinguisher.

Stainz
March 29, 2010, 08:32 AM
I switched over to GA Arms version of that 200gr Speer Gold Dot, which is ballistically equivalent to the Blazer round - and cheaper - in new brass .44 Special cases. I did that five years ago - after thousands of those Blazers (They were $11.99/50 at Academy Sports/Outdoors chains here then - $30 now!) having been fired over the years. It was my 296's sole diet - until one split it's Al case in my 696! Save the brass even if you don't reload - if you don't start reloading, someone will trade you moola for it.

Stainz

calaverasslim
March 29, 2010, 08:47 AM
GA Arms? Who dat?

atomd
March 29, 2010, 10:01 AM
A pug is a small dog so a .44 might be overkill on it. I'd say you could handle a pug with a .38 no problem. Wild pug might be a little tougher to deal compared to domesticated so you might want to think about something a little bigger like a hot .44 for those. Remember to keep those ankles protected just in case one gets away from you! :D

RevolvingGarbage
March 29, 2010, 12:12 PM
A pug is a small dog so a .44 might be overkill on it. I'd say you could handle a pug with a .38 no problem. Wild pug might be a little tougher to deal compared to domesticated so you might want to think about something a little bigger like a hot .44 for those. Remember to keep those ankles protected just in case one gets away from you! :D
My thoughts exactly :D

Stainz
March 29, 2010, 05:39 PM
Google Georgia Arms - they are a small high quality ammo maker in GA. They don't raise pugs...

Stainz

Nasty
March 29, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yes, the Pug handles the Speer 44 Special 200 gr just fine. I've over 1000 through mine with no issues and still just about as tight as it was new.

If you enjoyed reading about "44 Blazers For Pug???" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!