sabot in a revolver?

PDA

AbitNutz
March 29, 2010, 06:27 PM
Yes, this may be lunacy but has anyone ever tried shooting a Hornady 45/38 Sabot out of a revolver?

Just a thought...but I bet with a full load of triple-7 it would really go...

If you enjoyed reading about "sabot in a revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
andrewstorm
March 30, 2010, 04:24 AM
I MAY BE MISTAKEN ,BUT I THINK I HEARD THAT U SHOULD NEVER USE A PLASTIC PATCH,OR SABOT IN A REVOLVER,GOOGLE OLD ARMY USER MANUAL:eek:

Loyalist Dave
March 30, 2010, 05:35 AM
I would wonder that it would cause problems for the sabot as it moved across the cylinder gap to the forcing cone.

LD

Shultzhaus
March 30, 2010, 08:06 AM
I think you would have a lot of fast moving plastic particals coming out of the cylinder gap.

AbitNutz
March 30, 2010, 10:17 AM
Ya know, after considering the notion of pieces of the sabot trying to exit from the cylinder gap...I do believe I'll place my curiosity on the back burner on this one.

Hellgate
March 30, 2010, 12:11 PM
Also, the bullet would need to be very snug in the sabot or it could creep forward under recoil and jam the cylinder is in "ball creep".

Black Toe Knives
April 6, 2010, 04:30 AM
I wouldn't do it. That is just asking for a catastrophic failure.

AbitNutz
April 6, 2010, 02:46 PM
Catastrophic....sounds like when I said "I do".

If you enjoyed reading about "sabot in a revolver?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!