Butt stock weights rra ar15 nm

PDA

rikman
March 31, 2010, 12:14 AM
I just learned about butt stock weights that for National Match AR from Rock River, form the local gun shop guy.

Any thoughts? Help with shooting? Accuracy?

Thanks,
Rikman

If you enjoyed reading about "Butt stock weights rra ar15 nm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
dakotasin
March 31, 2010, 07:54 AM
there are also weights for the heat shield in the forearm as well. check sinclair - they carry them, or used to, anyway. www.sinclairintl.com

they may help with shooting if you want a heavier gun. they won't make the rifle any more accurate, but they may make the shooter more accurate. its a competition thing.

RobMoore
March 31, 2010, 08:02 AM
I believe the idea is to make offhand shooting easier on the shooter by shifting the balance of the gun rearward.

cavman
March 31, 2010, 08:18 AM
Brownells has the buttstock weight

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=10996/Product/AR_15_BUTTSTOCK_WEIGHT

rikman
March 31, 2010, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. That makes sense, making offhand shooting a bit easier.

Rikman

rikman
March 31, 2010, 09:08 AM
The rifle is very heavy already :):eek:

Al LaVodka
March 31, 2010, 09:28 PM
Funny -- I literally just wrote somewhere else that only a medium-weight barreled full-stock AR is balanced in 20"...

HBARs are front heavy and unbalanced. It is common to put these lead wedges into the buttstock compartment for service rifle competition. It does help keep you from "fighting" the gun a little, yes, especially as you are un-slung in offhand, standing there for a while, and are moving a tiny little bit out of position to check your target in the scope...

Al

taliv
March 31, 2010, 10:42 PM
again, keep in mind that most people who put weight in the buttstock also put weight under the handguards and some even fill the bottoms of magazines with lead. i suppose some individual may want a rear weighted gun, though that seems like treating the symptom when the cure probably involves altering their exercise regimen. The basic goal of adding weight to the gun is inertia. it just wobbles less. the wind knocks it about less.

If you enjoyed reading about "Butt stock weights rra ar15 nm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!