Yazel pistol question

PDA

zimmerstutzen
March 31, 2010, 03:06 PM
I have a Yazel 10 ring pistol (or ten x?) I haven't fired it yet. I suspect there may be something wrong with it. When I cock it, the rear sight moves. Is there a schematic available or can some one tell me how to contact Mr. Yazel?

If you enjoyed reading about "Yazel pistol question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
kwhi43@kc.rr.com
March 31, 2010, 04:00 PM
I know Harold, he probably insn't back home from vacation yet, but his no.
is 574-353-7537. He is in Mentone Indiana. Here is one he made for me last
year. It is a .36. Don't know what your problem is. Can you post a picture.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/prizzel/Untitled62_filtered.jpg

BHP FAN
March 31, 2010, 07:28 PM
man,those are sweet!

zimmerstutzen
March 31, 2010, 10:14 PM
I;ve got a Rob Lewis that looks similar, one in flint also.

kwhi43@kc.rr.com
April 1, 2010, 12:01 AM
I also have two by Rob Lewis. I know him well also.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o127/prizzel/0003_filtered-1.jpg

zimmerstutzen
April 1, 2010, 10:31 AM
My Yazel has the fancy wrap around wooden stock. You actually put the hand into it like wearing a glove. There isn't even a trigger guard. Barrel appears to be made from Stainless, with a false muzzle. My daughter dropped the camera so until I get another back from the company, I can't post pictures.

kwhi43@kc.rr.com
April 1, 2010, 11:07 AM
Are you the one who bought that off "Gunbroker"? If I'm thinking about the
same gun. It say's 10X on the wood grip. That was made by Mike not
Harold. I'll be seeing Mike in June. I will try to get his phone no. for you. Just found Mike's no. 574) 353-8180

zimmerstutzen
April 1, 2010, 02:49 PM
Tip Curtis' son unloaded several target pistols on gun broker last summer. I bought three of them. That Yazel, apparently from Mike, was one. Now that the weather is getting better, I was going to start practicing for the Territorial Match here. I would love to go to Friendship, but that kind of time off from the farm is a few years away.

I am fortunate enough to have a range with good back stop right next to the house. I can stand on the patio while dinner is cooking in the grill and pop off some shots. Closest neighbor down range is over the hill and 1.3 miles further.

Thank you for your help.

kwhi43@kc.rr.com
April 1, 2010, 03:07 PM
That's what I thought. I know Tip's son Tippy who sold the pistols. Know
Tip pretty well too. Always visit with him at Friendship. Tippy's wife made
him sell the pistols. Wanted him out of it. Wife said she would sell the Yazel
we have. 450.00 We just don't shoot it. I use the "Lewis" Flint and the wife
uses her Cimmorion Lightning. All of ours are .32 except for the Yazel, it's a 36
Glad I could be of hekp. Mebby see you at Friendship. We shoot pistol only.
Hang around the pistol line all week. Been going for 18 years.

If you enjoyed reading about "Yazel pistol question" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!