Giving away my RRA Entry Tactical!

PDA

Enachos
March 31, 2010, 09:02 PM
So my cousin's 20th birthday is coming up on April 13 and I couldn't think of anything better to give him than my AR-15. He fell in love with it the first day he shot it and now he can't stop talking about it... so why not just give it to him, right?

So here's the MAIN reason for this thread...
Since I'm handing that one over to him, I'm looking for an AK-47 to help replace it (It's my only rifle). I've been looking into a Yugo M70 a lot. Compared to other versions I have seen I really like the looks of it and I'm REALLY diggin' the underfolder stock. Does anyone own one of these babies that can give me any good advice on them? Would you reccommend another type? What would you say is an average price?

Any advice would help, thanks in advance!

If you enjoyed reading about "Giving away my RRA Entry Tactical!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Maverick223
March 31, 2010, 09:08 PM
Giving away my RRA Entry Tactical!I'll take it. :p

I would suggest converting a Saiga of your choice as it will save you some cash, is a simple process requiring minimal tools and skill, and the final product is a high quality Russian AK. If you don't feel up to the task, I would look at K-Var's catalog of products that are ready to go (but much more expensive by comparison).

:)

Al Thompson
March 31, 2010, 09:12 PM
You NC guys stick together huh? Must be that funny BBQ sauce. :D

Enachos, great gift. :) Depending on your budget, you may be able to get a better rifle than the Yugo. Adding a folding stock is no big deal as long as you stay 922(R) compliant.

I like a fixed stock for shooting, but an underfolder sure makes for a compact package.

Enachos
March 31, 2010, 09:30 PM
On average, How much would it cost to convert a good Saiga? I don't want to blow too much money on it because, afterall, I do enjoy shooting handguns more often but it's always nice to have a rifle by my bedside. I'm trying to stay below $600. I'd spend more but I'm kinda-sorta trying to save a little for an SP-101 too haha

Maverick223
March 31, 2010, 09:32 PM
You NC guys stick together huh?I'll be his best buddy if he gives me the rifle. http://forums.nitroexpress.com/images/graemlins/smilies/general/flowers.gif

On average, How much would it cost to convert a good Saiga?Some folks have gotten away with about $100.00, but I would expect to spend about $150-175.00 for conversion with a nice folder. Oh, forgot to mention that a underfolder wouldn't be possible (or at least simple) with the Saiga, but a side folder would work just fine with a little nip/tuck work on the receiver.

Moose458
April 1, 2010, 09:58 AM
The Yugo underfolder is a super nice rifle, and right now you can get one for under $500.00. Wrap some para cord around the left side of the stock and you are good to go. My Yugo U/F is one of my favorite AKs. A lot of people bad mouth them, who have never actually owned one, but get thier info from reading other posts. Century did a good job with the Yugo U/F, and for the price, you wont be sorry.

ny32182
April 1, 2010, 10:34 AM
You must really like that cousin of yours.

MIL-DOT
April 1, 2010, 11:29 AM
Moose is right, the Century Yugo's are excellent rifles. That being said, I had the undefolder a while back, after years of wanting an UF, but ended up not liking it, even with paracord wrapped around the left arm. I've since been on the lookout for one of these with the full teak stock. I sold the UF for $850 during The Great Assault Weapon Panic of '08-'09.:D
I also would have prefered it a little lighter, but I've read that they're now using a more standard 1 mm. reciever rather than the heavier 1.6 mm. reciever that mine had.
But if you're sure you want the UF version, I can almost guarantee you'll be happy with the Yugo, from my experience and nearly everyone elses that has one.
Classicarms has them for $469 IIRC, and I think Centerfire may have them,too.

leadcounsel
April 1, 2010, 11:50 AM
When I first bought it a few months ago for $450ish, I had some regrets (before I shot it). I had buyer's remorse, so to speak. It was brand new, so that wasn't an issue. It was basically flawless - I just cannot explain it other than to say I was just not interested in shooting it. It sat for weeks before it made the trip with me to the range. I think I didn't think that the stock would be comfortable for a cheek weld. But it was.

I borrowed a front sight tool and went to work with it. WOW was I impressed with it. It held a nice tight pattern at 50 yards. I quickly zeroed it and that darn thing is smooth and accurate. I really like it. I especially like how compact it is in the folded position, how quick it is to get into battery, and the operation is smooth and gentle to fire.

I highly recommend it at under $500, especially if you want compact firepower.

Enachos
April 1, 2010, 08:29 PM
Thanks a lot for the responses guys! I will definitely buy one probably as soon as next week considering that I find one for around $500 (Gotta save some money for a Ruger Sp-101)! Can't wait!

ny32182,

haha I know what you mean... he's a good kid though. He's made a man out of himself quickly and he takes really good care of his mom and younger sister. And because so much of his money goes towards the well-being of them he hasn't really been able to buy himself something nice in quite a while. So i feel it's up to me to show him his good deeds aren't going unappreciated!

Maverick223
April 1, 2010, 11:28 PM
he's a good kid though. He's made a man out of himself quickly and he takes really good care of his mom and younger sister. And because so much of his money goes towards the well-being of them he hasn't really been able to buy himself something nice in quite a while. So i feel it's up to me to show him his good deeds aren't going unappreciated!Your a good man, E-nachos.

RP88
April 2, 2010, 01:16 AM
I am about to fork over my 1911 money to get a Yugo underfolder tomorrow from AIM. It was the one gun that got away from me. When I was getting into guns, I wanted one to be my first good gun. However, I was new to guns, not good on forking over money, etc. so I had prospect buyers' remorse and never got one when they were everywhere for $450-500 three years ago. Then, Obama won and I never saw them for under $700 until recently.

The only thing I can tell you about them is that they are known for quality. The sights, the finish, the solid fit, etc. are superb on them, and the non-CL barrel gives them better accuracy (assuming they still use non-CL barrels; they apparently use new 1mm receivers over the overbuilt 1.5mm ones from when I saw them last). But for the money they are at now you'll be hard-pressed to find a better deal. Definitely excited about getting one. AIMsurplus and Centerfire have them in stock, I believe. Classicarm's order page shows them as out-of-stock, and if you don't mind paying an extra 25 bucks, JGsales has them as well.

If you enjoyed reading about "Giving away my RRA Entry Tactical!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!