CCI primers and hornady LNLAP press

PDA

Rig Magician
April 1, 2010, 08:34 PM
I read on one of the sites where people were having problems with this combination. Does anyone know if this is still a problem or if this has been fixed. I have a new press and I am trying to order some primers and powders and to start loading. I bought 1k of small CCI primes before I read that, and was wondering if I should try to find Win or Remington primers instead.
Thanks,
Mark

If you enjoyed reading about "CCI primers and hornady LNLAP press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Randy1911
April 1, 2010, 09:24 PM
The only problems I have had with CCI primers is with the #41 Military SR primers. All the rest have fed and seated just as easy as any other brand.

nofishbob
April 1, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have a LNL from about two years ago. I have used 1,000's of CCI LP and SR primers without a hitch.

I bet you will have similar success!

Bob

jbrown13
April 1, 2010, 11:02 PM
I've used the LnL AP with CCI SPP without any issues.

pcwirepro
April 1, 2010, 11:09 PM
I had a batch of CCI large pistol primers (100) that seemed to have a sharper leading edge than normal. I had a few rounds that got caught up. I just give the case a quick ream and all was well. That said, I just came in from loading 100 rounds and EVERY primer seated perfectly on my LNL. I almost miss the Lee priming system. The LNL makes reloading flat out boring.

macnewbie
April 1, 2010, 11:37 PM
I've loaded a few thousand CCI small pistol primers without a hiccup.

Rig Magician
April 2, 2010, 12:00 AM
Hey, Thanks everyone for the help. I am trying to find primers and still have a hard time finding them. I can get them close to home but almost 40$ per 1K and one place wants over 50per K.
Mark

Sapper771
April 2, 2010, 12:04 AM
I have had some issues with the CCI large pistol primers while loading 45acp in my LNL. I don't think it has anything to do with the press. I believe the CCI primers are a bit bigger in diameter and require a tad more force when seating them into the primer pocket. I don't have the same problem using Federal or Winchester primers, only the CCIs. Not a big issue to me.

pcwirepro
April 2, 2010, 12:07 AM
$40-$50/k is just silly. $28 here in UT.

Sommerled
April 2, 2010, 01:17 AM
Checked my record book and purchase records....

Over 33,000 CCI primers seated with the three LNL presses we use.

No problems

Sommerled

Idano
April 2, 2010, 11:03 PM
I have never had a problem with CCI primers; they are my primer of choice!

Rig Magician
April 2, 2010, 11:38 PM
Hey guys thanks for the help. Hopefully I will be able to get some ordered soon.
Mark

cheygriz
April 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
I switched from CCI to Remington primers exclusively about 1985, and I've never had a problem, and never looked back! :):):)

If you enjoyed reading about "CCI primers and hornady LNLAP press" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!