2" Pre-10 Price Check

PDA

Husker_Fan
April 2, 2010, 11:07 AM
Allright, no pics, but give me an idea on ranges if you can. I saw a 2" pre 10 (SN C 102###) with what look to be well fitted original high horned diamond magnas. The gun is in very good mechanical condition and has the original finish which is in good shape. There is slight holster wear on either side of the muzzle, and the cylinder has som scratches, and what I would call speckeling. I'm not sure if the speckeling is rust or not, but there is none on the frame. The bore looks great.

They are asking $399.

Any thoughts would be appreciated as I am still a neophyte, but I love these old smiths (I have a Victory and a '51 Combat Masterpiece).

Thanks

If you enjoyed reading about "2" Pre-10 Price Check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Husker_Fan
April 2, 2010, 11:08 AM
If this was a long action transitional model, I would have taken it on the spot.

Stophel
April 2, 2010, 02:38 PM
I think I paid either $375 or $425 for mine about a year or so ago... Late '40's.

Husker_Fan
April 2, 2010, 05:23 PM
Thanks. I think I'll let it pass. If anyone in the Omaha area is interested, PM me and I'll tell you where it is.

Oro
April 3, 2010, 02:22 AM
If this was a long action transitional model, I would have taken it on the spot.

That is on my short list of "wants." Nothing wrong with an early C-gun, but the transitional ones were just a wee bit nicer looking and the trigger was sweeter. I think the asking price is not bad if it's in high condition as you described.

If you enjoyed reading about "2" Pre-10 Price Check" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!