What .22lr for practice?

PDA

38snapcaps
January 21, 2003, 03:04 PM
My legal carry is a .38 Model 60. What would you recommend for practicing? I was going to go with a Taurus but I've heard they have a heavy trigger pull and it might not be realistic training.

Perhaps, then, I should buy a S&W, if so which one? My local gun shop last week got in a stainless .22 Smith and I hurried right over intending to buy it and was disappointed because it felt so small, not at all like my J-frame.

So now I'm not sure what to do.

Recommendations please.

If you enjoyed reading about "What .22lr for practice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
10-Ring
January 21, 2003, 03:12 PM
I use a Taurus mod 94 for practice. Yes, it does have a fairly heavy triger, but when I move to something else, the skills transfer over & the trigger is always hands down nicer. Kinda like swinging a heavier bat to warm up. When you swing the real thing, it's lighter & easier.

VictorLouis
January 21, 2003, 03:41 PM
is the logical stand-in for your m60. It was made in 2" or 4" configuration. They run somewhere around $300-$350 when you find them, in good shape. The 9-shot Taurus has a completely different rythym, aside from other issues, so it wouldn't be quite the same.

Johnny Guest
January 21, 2003, 07:51 PM
Suggest you check out the thread in this very forum, at

http://thehighroad.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4610&perpage=25&pagenumber=1
entitled, I think, "Ring, Ring." Decent little discussion on two-inch .22 revolvers there.

Best,
Johnny

If you enjoyed reading about "What .22lr for practice?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!