I need help!!

PDA

Digger Odell
April 3, 2010, 07:48 PM
How can I send a reply without the quote? I have tried & haven't been successful. I'm sure it's something very easy that I'm missing. Also how can I save a reply if in the middle I want to go back & check something & not lose it. :)
Thanks for your help.
Digger.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
harmonic
April 3, 2010, 08:03 PM
You need to put your Windows OS cd in the cd drive and reboot. Then just say "yes to all."

That should fix it.

Digger Odell
April 3, 2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks!!
Have a great day!

rbernie
April 3, 2010, 10:13 PM
There is no 'draft reply' feature; you either reply or you don't. If you need time to compose a reply, you'll have to use an external editor and cut-n-paste the text into a reply window on THR.

I don't know what you mean about sending a reply without a quote; there is no text quoted by default.

ArfinGreebly
April 4, 2010, 10:23 PM
You need to put your Windows OS cd in the cd drive and reboot. Then just say "yes to all."

That should fix it.

As a rule, when someone asks for help, I try to avoid suggesting that their first step should be to firebomb their kitchen.

Yeah, I know, it's funny and all, watchin' the smoke and splinters drift through the air as we slap high fives and laugh unto tears at the shear awesome of our wit.

Hell, that's almost as funny as loading up yer buddy's BP musket with smokeless powder, or handing yer girlfriend's mom a hot-loaded .44 Mag snubbie for her first trip to the range.

'Cuz watching a noob suffer is the bedrock of light-hearted humor.

On the other hand, we could just, you know, help the guy out.

Digger, what button(s) do you click to start a reply? What do you do after that? If I know what steps you're doing, I can figure out which step to change.

And, no, don't burn down your Windows box.

If you enjoyed reading about "I need help!!" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!