Lee Full length sizer shaving brass

PDA

creepiE
April 3, 2010, 09:47 PM
I have a new 7.62x54r lee full length sizer die. I tried to size once fired Prvi brass and it shaves the necks! I lube the cases too.

A while back I had a 8mm sizer do the same thing. I had to send it back for a tune up.

What gives?

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Full length sizer shaving brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
FROGO207
April 4, 2010, 08:30 AM
Sounds like that one needs to go back also. I have the same die set that is about 5 years old and have no problems with mine on any brass casings. Is the expander down enough? the pin that sticks out of the collet on top is about 1/6" out on mine.

Duckdog
April 4, 2010, 11:43 AM
I have thay same set, too and have no problems. Drop them a line and they'll either tell you whats wrong, or exchange them. I can't say why that die would shave the necks of the cases. Hmmmmm.

If you enjoyed reading about "Lee Full length sizer shaving brass" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!