New M1A loaded results

PDA

leadcounsel
April 3, 2010, 11:53 PM
Shot my new M1A today. Wow was I impressed. I really like the rifle.

If you enjoyed reading about "New M1A loaded results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
jlott00
April 3, 2010, 11:56 PM
i still havaent been able to take my loaded out.......maybe tomorrow

kraigwy
April 4, 2010, 12:16 AM
Don't know what you call loaded, Mine's a super match, it started out as a standard M1A when I first got it in 1977. At the guards expence, it was converted to a Super Match by none other then Jene Barnett himself (Barnett Barrels) when he was working the Pistol Armors Van at the Wilson Matches in the 70s. I've wore out some barrels and streched out some slings, other then that, in 30+ years of High Power matches, it hasn't failed me.

http://photos.imageevent.com/kraigwy/posting/websize/M1A%20_1_.jpg

Winston_Smith
April 4, 2010, 09:17 AM
Nice rifles LC and kraig. Nothing like seeing pictures of a well used rifle, with the rear sight all the way up ;).

Kraig, If you don't mind sharing, I would be interested in knowing more about the specs of your rifle (especially rounds/barrel). What is your pet load for it?

leadcounsel
April 4, 2010, 05:05 PM
Actually I'm not sure it is a loaded model. I bought it used, seller said it was loaded and never shot. The barrel says NM SS, presumably National Match Stainless Steel.

I zeroed it at 50 yards and was punching holes in the center of the bullseye.

At 100 yards the target black circle was nothing more than a tiny dot the size of the tip of my front sight. So I think that was reasonably good accuracy.

If you enjoyed reading about "New M1A loaded results" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!