Ruger Deerfield

PDA

Sommerled
April 4, 2010, 02:35 AM
After searching for a while I've come up empty in my quest to find a replacement stock for my late model 44 Mag Deerfield carbine.

The original was damaged beyond repair by a FORMER friend, for the life of me I can't figure out how he could have done what he did to such a stout piece of beechwood. The rest of the gun is OK, I think.

Anyone have any leads??? Please!!

Thanks

Sommerled

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Deerfield" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
gunnutery
April 4, 2010, 06:26 AM
Is the stock different from a 10/22 stock? It looks very similar, but I don't have either rifle to compare with.

Sorry to hear about the damaged one, that sucks.

Abel
April 4, 2010, 10:31 AM
Have you called Ruger? They used to sell one for about 100 dollars.

loadedround
April 4, 2010, 10:53 AM
Have you contacted Gun Parts Inc(Numrich Arms) for a replacement stock? Not too long ago they cataloged replacement stocks for the old 44 carbines and were reasonably priced also.

natman
April 4, 2010, 11:23 AM
http://www.ruger.com/service/partsOrdering.html#

Sommerled
April 5, 2010, 12:34 AM
Numrich and Ruger could not and would not (respectively) help me.

It seems my only recourse is to get out my carving tools and and take a chunk out of some old log, I've never made a gunstock but am a fair to middlin' woodcarver. Maybe look into the suggestion that 10/22 stock may be modified somehow. One with a folding stock, eh?

Ranger J
April 6, 2010, 11:32 AM
Lots of luck. I love my Deerfield but would love it even more if it had a square butt stock that had a recoil pad on it, perhaps like the ones the mini 30s changed to . I looked every where a couple of years ago but didn't have any luck. I guess you will have to carve one yourself or get someone else to do it.

RJ

coosbaycreep
April 6, 2010, 11:37 AM
macon gunstocks sells one, but it's $175
http://macongunstocks.net/prod_desc_R44MAG.html?sno=298

If you enjoyed reading about "Ruger Deerfield" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!