S&W M&P15-22 standard lower?

PDA

plainsbilly
April 4, 2010, 11:06 AM
probly a silly question does it use a standard size lower reciever and if so will it handle a standard .223 upper? thanks in advance

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P15-22 standard lower?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
BamAlmighty
April 4, 2010, 11:41 AM
you'll have a major problem considering the 15-22 doesn't have a buffer tube, it is solid on the 15-22's butt stock.

PT1911
April 4, 2010, 11:53 AM
It is REALLY close but there is a different sized gap to the mating surfaces... I wondered the same but for opposite reasons.. was curious if the upper would work on a standard lower..the differences are slight, but just enough to prevent such an action... Likely a good thing...

plainsbilly
April 4, 2010, 12:12 PM
thanks for the information I was thinking that it would be a ggod way to a .22 dedicated upper and still be able to use the lower it will be cheaper just to get ciener for the ar-15 I have now

If you enjoyed reading about "S&W M&P15-22 standard lower?" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!