Central Illinois local news

PDA

sctman800
November 24, 2003, 08:09 PM
Just a "heads up" for anyone in central Illinois, I caught part of the Channel 3 (WCIA in Champaign) early news this evening. They were doing a bit about not being a victom, stay alert, buddy system, rape whistles. What does intrest me is they will do a segment at 10:00 about "should you own a gun." In case anyone doesn't know this is a NO CARRY state. I will allready be asleep so will tape it for tomorrow. I can't even guess how it will be handled. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "Central Illinois local news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
J Miller
November 25, 2003, 09:08 AM
Jim,
I have no doubt how the talking heads will handle this novel idea of owning a gun for your own protection. I'll try to watch it, but I might be busy going to range. Better use of my time me thinks.

Joe

sctman800
November 25, 2003, 08:08 PM
I watched the segment today and found it to be pretty good, mostly interviews and comments by members of the Champaign County Rifle association, the Guns Save Life people that put up the pro-gun Burma shave signs along the interstates. They did have a martial arts guy that feels he has more self defence options, and at the very end they said gun control advocates say a gun in the home is 22 times as likley to kill someone you know. The station didn't give any opinons but did do a pretty good job of presenting gun ownership. Jim.

If you enjoyed reading about "Central Illinois local news" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!