To Andrewstorm

PDA

AbitNutz
April 5, 2010, 05:32 PM
Thanks...You put me on to "The Muzzle loading Emporium" and 190gr Buffalo bullets for my ROA.

The Muzzle Loading Emporium gives top notch and speedy delivery. I complained that the cost of Buffalo Bullets was quite high...and I guess they are but...they have awesome accuracy. I just got back from a shooting session with my 51/2" SS ROA where I shot several kinds of bullets with several kinds of powders. The most accurate was the most expensive. 190gr Buffalo bullets, Pyrodex 30gr Pellets and RWS caps. While I was not happy with almost 60 cents per shot. I could not fault the power or accuracy. I pointed the revolver, squeezed off a shot and there was a perfect hole in whatever I wanted.

With that load it just was amazing. All the bullets I shot were more accurate than the swaged round balls I had. The BigLube 150's were very close and likes APP with Remington #11's. That's going to be my practice load. I must have capped off over a 100 rounds of that.

Using the RWS caps I never had anything resembling a jam or misfire. The Buffalo bullets loaded flawlessly and left not a trace of leading.

Thanks again Andrewstorm....any other suggestions?

If you enjoyed reading about "To Andrewstorm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
andrewstorm
April 17, 2010, 10:54 PM
glad u liked them, as i do,the best ball seemes to be a hornady in my r o a , with 35 gr 777 fff gets about 1000 fps with a ox yoke wad,if u find others that do as well or better post ur findings:cool:

If you enjoyed reading about "To Andrewstorm" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!