Handled a Savage Edge today

PDA

chains1240
April 5, 2010, 04:49 PM
My LGS had a Savage Edge in stock in .243 caliber. The action felt pretty good. I was interested in it because it had a DBM. The release for the DBM is part of the magazine and is just a bent over piece of plastic. I know that today's plastic are much better than "plastic". But I wondered how many times a person could use the magazine before the lever broke. Or how hard it would get in a colder hunting environment. Overall it looked pretty cheap, but I am not a gun expert. I believe it was $265.

If you enjoyed reading about "Handled a Savage Edge today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
Abel
April 5, 2010, 05:38 PM
What do you expect for 265? I'd rather save up for something more robust.

chains1240
April 5, 2010, 07:01 PM
I really wasn't expecting much. Just thought I would post my opinion of it in case others were wondering. If it was a blind magazine type for that amount of money I may have walked out the door with a shiny new rifle.

chains1240
April 5, 2010, 07:02 PM
Come Wednesday I should have a Howa 1500 in .308 ordered. $450.

If you enjoyed reading about "Handled a Savage Edge today" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!