Cleaning Synthetic and Stainless

PDA

LANDMAN4389
April 5, 2010, 08:59 PM
I recently came across a Marlin .22 mag rifle (bolt) that has some speckled red paint marks (probably from shooting spray paint cans) and a little light rust on the stainless portion.

What can I use to clean up the synthetic stock to make it look new. What can I use to clean the stainless. Not looking to sell just want a nice gun to pass down to the kids one day.

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning Synthetic and Stainless" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
LANDMAN4389
April 6, 2010, 07:34 PM
bump

Sport45
April 6, 2010, 10:04 PM
I don't know about the stock, but some bronze wool (or a copper "chore boy" brand scouring pad) with some gun oil should clean the stainless up nicely. Don't use steel wool or you my embed some carbon steel in your stainless and encourage rusting if it's not kept oiled. bronze wool can be ordered online from Ace Hardware and shipped free to your local store.

Any idea what the synthetic stock is made of? Fiberglass, HDPE, etc.?

LANDMAN4389
April 8, 2010, 11:04 PM
It's made from fiberglass

If you enjoyed reading about "Cleaning Synthetic and Stainless" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!