CZ 452 Varmint

PDA

slabuda
April 6, 2010, 12:00 AM
Well scope came in and its mounted and boresighted.

A Weaver V-16 in fine cross reticle. Not sure I will like it as I have always used a duplex. I went for this because many Duplex have a wide fine cross hair that can obscure a small tgt at close ranges. It may be a bit harder to judge hold over as the .22 drops quickly. I plan on sighting in @ 75 yds but may go for 50 as that is what is used for tgt shooting mostly. I just want to be able to effectively hit whistle pigs from 15-125 yds as that is my typical ranges. If I shoot further i can use my .223, or the 22-250/220 swift or .243 I am considering for a coyote gun. Although they are all OVER KILL for those little sage rats and much more expensive to shoot.

Its mounted on my 452 Varmint with Leupold rings in high. A perfect fit for the objective to clear the barrel and hopefully have enough room to fit a scope cover. A butler creek flip up may not fit but I hope a bikini cover will which I may have lying around?

If the wind dies down...yea right Im in SW Idaho....Ill try and sight it in this weekend.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 452 Varmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!
viking499
April 6, 2010, 07:17 AM
Nice looking setup. CZ's are always fun to shoot.

E304life
April 6, 2010, 11:54 AM
Beautiful rifle!! I need another CZ.

jwh2
April 6, 2010, 07:32 PM
Nice looking rifle. I have a 452 Varmint in .17hmr that I have added a Timney trigger to. It is a tack driver. It has a Mueller APV mounted with a 1 piece BKL mount. The CZ's are very nice for the money.

James

Crazy Carl
April 6, 2010, 10:00 PM
Very nice! Just picked up a 452 Varmint in .17HMR, along with a Weaver V-24 to top 'er with. Waiting on a set of rings right now, but can't wait to go stretch 'er out.

(if it shoots as well as my .22LR 452 American, I'll be happier than a pig in....)

Peter M. Eick
April 6, 2010, 10:19 PM
Looks a lot like mine. I did the brooks trigger sleeve route to make the trigger pull acceptable and put a vari-x III on mine. Good gun, but I get first round fliers till it warms up.

lopezni
April 6, 2010, 10:21 PM
very nice scope, although the bipod looks terrible. I personally hate Harris Bi-pods. I settled on a Caldwell bi-pod for one of my rifles, because I was tired of lugging sand bags to the range every time I made new loads.

gbran
April 6, 2010, 11:43 PM
A Weaver V-16 in fine cross reticle. Not sure I will like it as I have always used a duplex.

I have the V16 with the fine crosshairs also and I find it almost useless when light conditions are poor and to be honest, my eyes are a little too old for it also. The V16, however is a fabulous quality scope for the money. I'll buy another soon with a different reticle.

RockyMtnTactical
April 7, 2010, 01:55 AM
I have been wanting one of those for a while now. My brother has one in .17 Mach 2. We whacked a few Whistle Pigs with it just recently... at ranges from 20-200 yards.

slabuda
April 7, 2010, 02:01 AM
I have the V16 with the fine crosshairs also and I find it almost useless when light conditions are poor and to be honest

Thats my worry. Although its on a rifle I wont be shooting in poor light. Its a target/small varmint rifle.

If it was my coyote rifle I would have chosen a more appropriate scope. Id am thinking of a 243 or 25-06 with a leupold with the varmint reticle. But if I did get one I dont know If I want to go 4-14 or 6-18+. Might do that do make use of the longer range of the caliber.

If you enjoyed reading about "CZ 452 Varmint" here in TheHighRoad.org archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join TheHighRoad.org today for the full version!